Re: no load game button sims 4

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

no load game button sims 4

★★★ Novice

When i opened my game, i wanted to load one of my sims 4 households. But there was no load game button or a new game button. All there was was a option to see all of the sims 4 games i have, a option to open the gallery, notifications, and menu. I went to see if my saved games were deleted by going to the sims 4 folder and all of my saved games were still there but i cant play any of them because im not getting the option to load any of my games. What's going on???

Message 1 of 25 (52,915 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

1. Close the game
  2. Try moving your saves folder to the desktop, then start a new start the game to create a new saves folder.
  3. Close the game
  4. Put one of the save games from your folder back (not the slot_00000001.save, that's the autosave)
  5. Check if it now shows up again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 25 (59,883 Views)

All Replies

Hero

1. Close the game
  2. Try moving your saves folder to the desktop, then start a new start the game to create a new saves folder.
  3. Close the game
  4. Put one of the save games from your folder back (not the slot_00000001.save, that's the autosave)
  5. Check if it now shows up again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (59,884 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks!!! It worked!!!Confusedmileywink:

Message 3 of 25 (52,839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This hasn't worked for me. I tried the solution you suggested. I have the saved files but whatever I do they won't open and there is no Load Game option when opening Sims 4.

My son has spent 12 hours of gameplay and now can't open his saved game, he is mortified. If the load game option is there on Xbox, why not on my Mac?

Begs the question why I bothered saving the game at all.

Message 4 of 25 (52,275 Views)

Hero

How many saves do you have in your saves folder ? Do you have any with ver0-ver4 as extension ? 

Since you're on a mac, you might be better off asking in the mac forum but at this point, I don't think it makes a difference.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 25 (52,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this ddn't work for me either and I am getting fed up and don't know what to do.

Message 6 of 25 (51,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and it seems like the only option is to completely start again. Looks like I've lost 178 hours of gameplay Frown

Message 7 of 25 (51,256 Views)

Hero

Are you using oneDrive ? Did you check if you have a electronicarts\sims4 folder there ? Maybe the game is using that one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 25 (51,244 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Nvm it got solved by the below link

Message 9 of 25 (50,323 Views)

Message 10 of 25 (50,321 Views)