need for speed ds4 controller not working correct

by jolley86

Original Post

Accepted Solution

need for speed ds4 controller not working correct

★ Novice

I have been playing the free trial as I love the need for speed. I use a ps4 controller on my pc with ds4 and I have no problems playing on any other game. when I play this the controller does not work correctly. it keeps braking by it self. might ask a refund.

Message 1 of 9 (22,454 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: need for speed ds4 controller not working correct

Community Manager

@jolley86 The trial and the full game are functionally the same, so nothing should change with controls. 

Unfortunately there's no official fix, but there are a plenty of 3rd party/unofficial programs out there that will make a DS4 pad look like a 360 pad to the PC. I've tested it myself with a 360 pad and it works fine. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (27,356 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@jolley86 Hey, only the Xbox One controller is officially supported, but I'd be very surprised if it's not possible to get this running anyway. 

I think if you used a ds4 to xinput wrapper* the pad should work as normal. All the button prompts will be for Xbox One, but otherwise I imagine it will work fine. 

Good luck. 

* you seem savvy enough about the APIs in question, but for anyone else who encounters this, DS4 is a certain type of system for controllers on PC, and xinput is a different type.
Xbox 360 and Xbox One pads use xinput, so in many cases pads will use xinput in games with support for Xbox pads. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 9 (22,432 Views)

★ Novice

hi David,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still having issues trying to get my ps4 controller working. I know ds4 is not officially supported but I went from ps4 to pc it just made sense to use what I have. I should just go out and buy an xbox one controller but if there is any other info you can give that might help get this working that would much appreciated.

Also will the trail version of the game be any different to the full version of the game. I have both.

I really didn't think that a big triple A game would have these problems with controllers. I have call of duty black ops 3 and that works fine with ds4.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Sean

Message 3 of 9 (22,424 Views)

Community Manager

@jolley86 The trial and the full game are functionally the same, so nothing should change with controls. 

Unfortunately there's no official fix, but there are a plenty of 3rd party/unofficial programs out there that will make a DS4 pad look like a 360 pad to the PC. I've tested it myself with a 360 pad and it works fine. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 9 (27,357 Views)

★ Novice

can you please link one, i have the same problem but cantt find one that works

Message 5 of 9 (22,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Make sure the deadzone is set to max on the SteeringWheel control options ingame. Unbinding the Keyboard keys can help too with this problem. I had a similar issue with my Xbox controller a few weeks ago.

Also try set ingame the deadzone for controller to half. Hope it helps ya.

Message 6 of 9 (22,044 Views)

EA DICE Team
Message 7 of 9 (22,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am using a DS4 controller, and DS4windows program to adjust the keys. But in the Need For Speed game, i am always on brake/E-Brake and I do not know why. As well as my X button which as the A button on an xbox controller, it has a problem where it will bring up the NFS network and sometimes working normally, I have no idea how to fix this.

Message 8 of 9 (20,894 Views)

★★★ Newbie

First what OS are you running? If you are like a lot of people and decided to run the Windows 10 upgrade you may be out of luck since the 360 driver you require is not compatible with the Windows 10 OS...at lease not until the new .NET patch which hopefully has a fix. Otherwise download or reinstall the 360 accessories software 1.2 from the Microsoft downloads page and make sure you are using your PS4 controller with a usb data cable-not just a charging cable, restart your PC and you should be good to go. If you are using your controller with bluetooth connectivity try using the usb cable while playing instead. Some bluetooth drivers will loop the DS4 signal from a PS4 controller from the x-axis after pressed, so if using the usb cable doesnt fix the problem then try using a bluetooth dongle instead of your PC's onboard antenna. Unfortunately most games are using XInput these days so to use your PS4 controller (as is my preference) you need to make a few adjustments to the API. I recommend using the steps outlined by the guys over at hardcoreware. http://www.hardcoreware.net/how-to-ps4-controller-windows/ 

>>>>>Also if you want a cool program to use the touchpad on your controller to control you mouse check this out.  http://www.ishgard.com/ps4pc<<<<<<<

Message 9 of 9 (20,161 Views)