my sims 4 and origin won't open

by 93charlotte

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my sims 4 and origin won't open

★★★★★ Newbie

I have been playing sims 4 on windows 8 for months but all of a sudden when I click to open sims, nothing happens, not even an error message. So I tried to open Origin and the same thing happens, nothing. Neither will open.

Have tried the clean reboot that other advised, still no luck, no error messages either, just nothing.

Message 1 of 24 (97,148 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my sims 4 and origin won't open

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you for that, i actually re-installed origin and it now seems to be working fine

View in thread

Message 3 of 24 (119,589 Views)

All Replies

Could you try cleaning the Origin cache:
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 24 (96,996 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you for that, i actually re-installed origin and it now seems to be working fine
Message 3 of 24 (119,590 Views)

★★★ Novice

Will Clearing my cache clear my saved game???

Message 4 of 24 (96,448 Views)

Hero

No but to be sure that nothing happens, back everything up: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 24 (96,447 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My sims will say its loading for about a second but then it will just stop loading and do absolutely nothing and the same with the origin app!! I can access origin from the web but as soon ads I press play on origin nothing happens

@93charlotte wrote:

I have been playing sims 4 on windows 8 for months but all of a sudden when I click to open sims, nothing happens, not even an error message. So I tried to open Origin and the same thing happens, nothing. Neither will open.

Have tried the clean reboot that other advised, still no luck, no error messages either, just nothing.

Message 6 of 24 (83,852 Views)

Hero

Are you using and mods or cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (83,740 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem you are, only I tried reinstalling origin, but when I installed the "OriginThinSetup" I clicked and nothing happened, just like Battlefield 1 and the origin app.

Message 8 of 24 (79,179 Views)

★ Novice

i had this today, and it turned out that i didnt wait long enough and my origin needed to update! it also could be dodgy cc, and my computer is very very slow so it might be that it just takes longer to load, as does mine. thats all i can really think of but check for updates and check your game every now and then! (that means to clean your game and updates) hope this helps anyone Standard smile

Message 9 of 24 (73,441 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the exact same problem, but instead of re installing origin I right clicked on the app and chose 'quit origin' which then allowed me to go onto the site. I then pressed on the settings button next to 'play' on Sims 4 and pressed 'repair' which basically went through the files and re-installed (but quicker then the first ever installation) and that fixed mine fine 👍🏻 Hope this helps !
Message 10 of 24 (71,303 Views)