Re: my entire data got deleted

by Pogaeus

Original Post

my entire data got deleted

★★ Newbie

Please I worked hard to get where I was and the game crashed and I lost it all can you please try to get me and  others to where they were I was really excited to play and it happened please I'm begging I lost all my progress can you please fix it im chocolatefire18 and I need my data ( I don't really need it but I do want it back.

Message 1 of 4 (991 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey hey! Dont worry about that, that happened to me like 15 minutes ago, and what i did, was close out of pvzgw2, and get on another game then switch back, after you do that, the data should be there, but, gw2 has been quite buggy the past few hours, and ive seen a lot of bugs and glitches in this game since i got it, like 2 years ago. But the same thing happened to me and i about had a heart attack, it showed me the beginning cut-scene like i have never played gw before, and i immediately close out, and asked for help. Everyone (not everyone) But a lot of people are experiencing this right now. So just reset your Xbox and close out of gw2 for a few minutes then hop back on.Wink

Message 2 of 4 (983 Views)

Hero (Retired)
What you are experiencing is a problem with the connection between your game and the server which is bad enough to stop your game from properly retrieving your game progress from the server but not bad enough that your connection gets terminated.

GW2 saves all your game progress on the servers and not on your machine and the game constantly references the server to figure out what to show you and what you have; temporary communication problems which prevent the game from retrieving the information hit every once in a while and when that happens the game doesn't know what you have or don't have so you "lose" everything.

When this happens just turn off the game and do something else for awhile and the next time you log on you should find all your stuff back again just fine. It's happened two or three times to me over the last year and it's always temporary.
Message 3 of 4 (973 Views)

★★★ Novice
I just encountered this problem few minutes ago. I just restarted my xbox and it worked. WTH! That seriously gave me a heart attack. I thought I lost all my progress.
Message 4 of 4 (957 Views)