mass effect: andromeda won't launch

by ThatMoku

Original Post

Accepted Solution

mass effect: andromeda won't launch

★★★★★ Newbie

Click play, nothing happens.  It says I am playing, but nothing in the task manager.  I tried repairing and uninstalling and reinstalling.  Also says none of my friends play, yet I see them playing on the list.

Message 1 of 226 (50,240 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: mass effect: andromeda won't launch

★★★★ Novice

If you happen to be using Windows 10 and have your Region & Language -> Languages set to English (Ireland), changing this to English (United Kingdom) seems to fix the issue.

View in thread

Message 101 of 226 (39,466 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

Same thing is still happening for me ever since the update. It's crazy that the game was working fine before the update.

Message 2 of 226 (50,194 Views)

Community Manager

@ThatMoku @C4RV

Can you first reboot and then right click on the game in Origin and Repair. Let that process finish and retry playing.

Please reply here to let us know if this helps or not, thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 226 (50,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. I was able to play just fine before the patch, but since the game updated, I haven't been able to play.

I tried your suggestion, @EA_Barry, and it didn't change anything. I even then deleted the .exe and tried repairing the game and then rebooting my computer again, and I still couldn't play.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Edit:

I should also mention I've tried launching from the desktop, but that just takes me into Origin (it never did that before). I've tried launching from Origin, and that does nothing. I've tried launching from the Andromeda folder. That does nothing. And I've tried launching the .exe as an Administrator. That also does nothing.

Like I said, the game worked fine before the update. I was able to click the shortcut on the desktop and launch right into the game. I haven't updated Windows or my GPU drivers or anything since I got the game. All that's updated is the game itself. And I don't have that Corsair whatever software that apparently isn't compatible with Andromeda that I've read about in other support topics.

Edit 2:

I should also mention the game doesn't even appear in the Task Manager when I try to launch it. The 'Play' icon goes gray, the game syncs with the cloud, and then the 'Play' icon turns orange again, as if I hadn't clicked it. And, nothing new appears in the task manager.

Message 4 of 226 (50,140 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same as all the others in this thread.  Reboot, repair, run, nothing.  Uninstall, reboot, install, nothing, repair, nothing.

I have not played it since the big patch that started fixing all the animation issues.  I did let it patch, then started it once, cause I read it took a while to rebuild shaders or something.  Once it finished, and I was at the start menu, I exited out for the night.  That is the last time it loaded.

At a loss here.  Everything else I play runs fine -

Message 5 of 226 (50,090 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have tried the following:

Repairing from Origin (tried this 6 times already)

Deleting MassEffectAndromeda.exe and repairing (tried this 4 times)

Tried running the game in Offline Mode (tried this 3+ times, game can't activate when I log in because something about the CDkey not found)

Uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled the game (Did this last night)

NONE of this has worked.  I'm running the latest GeForce drivers for my 1080 as well. 

Message 6 of 226 (50,076 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I m afraid that there are little of us with this problem and because of that EA doesnt even try to resolve this problem....its to expensive for them I guess....man I tried everything with no result......win7 sp1 ultimate 64bit i5 3470 gtx960....updated win7, visual c++ version recomanded from this forum, disabled avast and firewall reinstaling reparing game and origin, safe reboot, run as administrator.....
Message 7 of 226 (50,067 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just found a topic on Reddit where someone claims to have found a possible solution that worked for them. Here's what they had to say:

"Hi all!

I just wanted to present this solution for anyone else that after the patch just got a black screen when trying to launch the game.

Possible fix #1 Head on over to "my documents" and rename the ME: Andromeda directory to something else. This forces Origin to re-download any save game files, while also creating new settings files. For some this has solved their problems.

Possible fix #2 (what helped me) Head on over to the installation dir of ME: Andromeda and remove the .exe files for Andromeda/Andromeda Trial. This forces Origin to re-download the .exe files so you have the latest version of them. For me, this was the solution- for some reason these .exe files did not update as intended after the patch.

Hope this helps anyone else facing the same problem! See you in Andromeda!"

Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to try this because my gaming rig (I'm on my toaster laptop) is disassembled right now, as I'm in the middle of upgrading my motherboard. Unfortunately, after redeeming the service plan on my last one, which was giving me troubles, and trading it in towards my new one, I realized that I left my CPU cooler bracket offset screws on the old board. Thankfully, I was able to call Microcenter and they were able to find my old board and remove the offset screws from it. So, they set those aside and I'll pick them up tomorrow.

Once I rebuild my gaming rig, I'll try the poster from Reddit's suggestions and will report back.

I hope EA takes us into consideration, because I did not pay for a broken game. I almost, almost wish I got the game on the PS4, because at least then it would have worked, despite being graphically inferior.

If I still can't get the game to work tomorrow, I will open a case with EA support directly.

~Agent Long Smith

Message 8 of 226 (50,046 Views)

Community Manager

@Agent_Long_Smith@ThatMoku@djejkobc@C4RV

Can you please try the steps in the following post, some people have found those to be effective for this issue:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/mass-effect-Andromeda-wont-open-after-new-patch/m-p/598381...

...also, as EA_Archi has posted there: We are aware these workarounds might not resolve 100% of issues, and we are currently investigating all the possible new solutions. This post marked as an accepted solution temporarily, since above mentioned methods can solve 95% of issues. 

barry.png
Message 9 of 226 (50,016 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
All solutions from topic "andromeda wont launch after 1.05patch".....doesnt work on my computer... I tried them all. There are twenty guys who cant enter the game also and they try every thing same as me

EA Barry - thanx for answering anyway, means to know that somebody from EA reads this stuff
Message 10 of 226 (50,011 Views)