[Old Report] Mass Effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

by Devils_Cruelty

Original Post

Re: mass effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

★★★★★ Guide

Re-starting Origin, and then starting directly from Origin (with "Play" option by the game) rather than from taskbar / shortcut worked for me.

Message 41 of 625 (4,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have fixed the black screen, go to the game directory,delete the MassEffectAndromeda.exe , then use origin to repair the damn game,  when its finished, you should be able to play the game~ worked for me~

Message 42 of 625 (4,431 Views)

★★ Novice
Not working for me.
I've got a crazy framerate which was about 1500 with infinite black screen after launch.
Rebooting system was also useless.
Message 43 of 625 (4,382 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm unable to play too. After the new patch, the only thing I get is a black screen when launching the game on Origin. Repairing the game or running it as administrator didn't work. I even tried the going offline/online trick someone mentioned. Haven't tried reinstalling yet, since downloading the game again isn't very convenient for me.

Message 44 of 625 (4,369 Views)

★ Guide

I solved the missing api.dll by installing a Windows update KB2999226. Found it via Google. It is some update to C++ 2015. I have Win 7.

Message 45 of 625 (4,336 Views)

★★★ Novice

Deleting the andromeda exe file from directory and redownload it from origin worked for me

Message 46 of 625 (4,322 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello @SeNeX0 

I am really sorry for this issue. Can you try the solution @reaperxma provided?

Archi.png
Message 47 of 625 (4,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Edit: This was supposed to be in reply to the suggestion of going offline in Origin. Apparently this web page works about as well as the game does.

Didn't work for me. Instead of absolutely nothing happening, it asked me to authorize MEA with my EA Account. Put in those details and it said 'Too many computers have used this account, try again later'.

Extremely disappointed in this.

Message 48 of 625 (4,303 Views)

★★★ Novice

The clean boot worked. The game launched, but now when I click resume, it tells me that the DLC I have is not installed. Tried to repair Origin say that the DLC are installed. but the games doesn't. 

Message 49 of 625 (4,308 Views)

★★ Novice
The solution provided by @reaperxma worked for me.
Message 50 of 625 (4,255 Views)