[Old Report] Mass Effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

by Devils_Cruelty

Original Post

Re: mass effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MatthiasGrant wrote:

@Aggiea wrote:

Windows 7 updater sometimes has to be manually updated, meaning update the updater.

@ Agglea

Is this only for Windows 7? I've still been unable to use the tool provided (here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows)  to update Windows 8.1, and I'm getting the same problem as when I attempt to get through the Windows 10 update. Which is, simply, that my PC is stuck indefinitely at "checking for updates." Three, four, fives hours will pass with no other result. I know you suggested trying a clean install of Windows 10, but I'm hesitant to do that; I'd have to back up a fair amount of stuff and if it's at all possible, I'd like to avoid the hassle.

When you said "update the updater," how is that done? Maybe that's what I have to do.

Unfortunately, I have no answers for Windows 8, and 8.1. I avoided Windows 8 like the plague. The built in updater in Windows 7 can be manually updated via update from Microsoft's website. 

Message 401 of 625 (1,271 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I've tried every solution provided here and I'm still stuck with "api-ms-win-crt-heap-I1-1-0.dll" missing....
I'm starting to think about refund and simply download pirate version without this stupid patch..

Message 402 of 625 (1,253 Views)

★ Apprentice

Tried doing this and it didnt work. I also wasn't able to update to VC++ 2015 because I already have it installed.  I can delete the x86 and x64 VC++2015 and reinstall if that'll help.

I also cleared my Origin cache, as well as deleted my "Saves" folder for Mass Effect Andromeda to resync the saves from the cloud, but that didnt work either.

The Process just doesn't launch at all.

Message 403 of 625 (1,248 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just got the game to work by upgrading to windows 10, and had multiple issues that I got help from. 

A HUGE thanks to @Aggiea. He knows exactly what he's doing, and he's been a massive help. A HUGE thank you to him. Trust him guys, he knows exactly what he's doing. 

EA, this entire escapade has been a frickin mess, and frankly, words don't even do it at this point, so just imagine me flipping you off, that should sum it up. 

Any windows 7 guys, I recommend switching to 10. From what I've seen, it's a better option, and it might just straight up fix your MAss Effect Andromeda issues. 

Message 404 of 625 (1,162 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Despite my low number of posts, I am no novice! I prefer Expert!

Message 405 of 625 (1,147 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

For windows 7 64 bit to update download this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20858

Message 406 of 625 (1,089 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Aggiea wrote:

@MatthiasGrant wrote:

@Aggiea wrote:

Windows 7 updater sometimes has to be manually updated, meaning update the updater.

@ Agglea

Is this only for Windows 7? I've still been unable to use the tool provided (here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows)  to update Windows 8.1, and I'm getting the same problem as when I attempt to get through the Windows 10 update. Which is, simply, that my PC is stuck indefinitely at "checking for updates." Three, four, fives hours will pass with no other result. I know you suggested trying a clean install of Windows 10, but I'm hesitant to do that; I'd have to back up a fair amount of stuff and if it's at all possible, I'd like to avoid the hassle.

When you said "update the updater," how is that done? Maybe that's what I have to do.

Unfortunately, I have no answers for Windows 8, and 8.1. I avoided Windows 8 like the plague. The built in updater in Windows 7 can be manually updated via update from Microsoft's website. 

To update to windows 10 go here and download the ISO: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 

Once downloaded, run the ISO while windows 8.1 is running. This is not a clean install, but I can help you clean up the drivers once installed.

Message 407 of 625 (1,081 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Hadji_Killer wrote:

So I've tried every solution provided here and I'm still stuck with "api-ms-win-crt-heap-I1-1-0.dll" missing....
I'm starting to think about refund and simply download pirate version without this stupid patch..

I suggest updating to windows 10, download here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Message 408 of 625 (1,078 Views)

@MatthiasGrant

Try an inplace repair per this link initially so you do not lose anything and see if the update functions after this.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 409 of 625 (1,077 Views)

★ Apprentice

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 to see if it would solve the issue and didnt work for me. :/

Message 410 of 625 (1,079 Views)