loss of sound on mass effect andromeda

by Skauron

Original Post

Re: loss of sound on mass effect andromeda

★★★ Pro

I've had it happen quite a bit on paradox especially in the area where the hack circle turns up not quite in the very back room but near the steps that lead up to the raised area, but also sandstorm, Zero up at the top end where you guard the choke point from.  

I have really tried very hard to determine what the factors are that cause it, and there is nothing i can pinpoint.  Often it happens when damage is incoming from off your screen to your left or right and i wondered if it was like a surround sound thing where it was unable to focus the sound to determine where it should be in surround. but since then i've tested it in stereo and everything else and just can't get it to stop doing it.

I doubt this is going to get fixed though (see my details about what they said on livestreams) and it seems they are quite happy indeed to let this fault ride not just in this title, but who knows perhaps their next one too.  Well i made a decision about anthem as to whether i'd get it or not, and it all hinged on whether they fixed this issue or not.. i'm not buying another frostbite game now until i hear they've nailed this problem down and resolved it.

Message 171 of 203 (1,850 Views)

★★ Guide

Quit blaming the Frostbite engine! If it were present in games like Battlefield 4, Battlefront and BF1, i would know since i own them and have put hundreds of hours in each title yet no audio issues. The only other Frostbite engine game that i remember having this audio issue in is DA: Inquisition. I know. * shocking!

All these months and patches later and they still haven't resolved this widespread issue. Now that they've have officially abandoned the title, i may as well * uninstall it.

The way they have handled this title and its fans is * pathetic. The fact that they put their B team on it tells me all i need to know about the current state of BioWare and their future endeavours.

Anyway. Leave it up to EA to run a classic studio as well as their reputation into the ground. DICE should be up next.

Message 172 of 203 (1,810 Views)

★★★ Pro

Read the full thread.. seriously.   not only do i provide examples of the very games you claim to have had no problems with having the exact same issue, but i've also word for word quoted the guys from bioware on their multiplayer livestream... the issue has gone to the frostbite devs, its a frostbite engine issue, and if it is not completely the engine then it was some shoddy front end code that interfaced with it.. either way.. its a frostbite issue.

I am done with this thread now, it is NEVER going to be fixed.. the thread started way back in april and it never even got so much as a work around for the gamers.. nothing.

I'd given up weeks ago of ever seeing a fix/workaround, and this latest news just pretty much signed it for me.  I've made my decision what i'm doing about the future IP they are lording, and i'm going to stick to it.  whether others do the same is entirely up to them, but i am looking further afield for my next game.   I will also not be playing a sequel to a game in a galaxy far, far away.

Message 173 of 203 (1,801 Views)

★★ Guide

That may true but it's not DICE games that i am having an issue with and i own all of their Frostbite titles.

They can blame the Frostbite engine all they want. I blame BioWare. It's not DICE that worked on this broken and rushed piece of *. The * thing wasn't even optimized properly until recent patches.

This * is downright pathetic.

Message 174 of 203 (1,778 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Interesting.  Come to think of it was Paradox just today.  Haven't had it as often as late though I do recall the one with the water at least one time on that 11 round challenge.  That was annoying I felt terrible because I kept getting killed by things I would have heard.

Message 175 of 203 (1,652 Views)

★★★ Pro

That will be Firebase Aqua.

Message 176 of 203 (1,641 Views)

★★ Guide

I went through a 3 week or so stretch without the sound drop out and thought maybe it had been licked......but it came back, with a vengeance, haven't had it for a bout a week now.....and happens both on my desktop and my laptop....and it happens in private solo matches.....and has even happened 2 or three times in the lobby.

Its never going to be fixed completely......at least not by Bioware or EA.......might get a third party/fan fix....that will probably get you pegged as a cheater if you use it.....

Message 177 of 203 (1,637 Views)

★★ Guide

I have uninstalled it. It's just wasting space on my SSD at this point. This * is game breaking for me regardless of its number of occurrences.

I am glad to say that this will be my last EA product in general. This * company doesn't give a flying * about its PC customers.

Message 178 of 203 (1,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Somehow the sound loss bug I really suffered from time to time (as I reported earlier in this trhead) stopped happening on my machine.

I dunno why, I dunno how. It is just... not happening for the last two months ish.

First I didn't recognized it as I did not miss it. But after some time I realized that me and my fellow squad members I usually play with don't have to quit and restart the client regularly to regain sound anymore.

I cannot tell if that is due to an update of MEA, or it is due to an update of Windows. I, at least, did not mess around with drivers of my hardware in that period of time at all.

As we know it is primarily a problem of the Frostbite engine, so I cannot really blame Bioware for the bug happening in the first place.

But I am absolutely glad that it just stopped happening and I can therefore play one round after another. Whoever, whatever was fixing it Standard smile

So, finally, I thank the Lord of Bits and Bytes Wink

Does anyone still have those sound bugs?

Or does at least some people have the same luck than me?

EDIT: Ok, heard from to friends that it still occurs for them. Not as often as they remember, but sometimes. Still not fixed, I am just lucky.

EDIT2: Ok, just forget it. Today it happened again. So it was just me being lucky. But it is not fixed for my machine in any way.

Message 179 of 203 (1,338 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been chasing this problem on the PC since I started playing Multiplayer.  I tried something new today.   I have a realtek Onboard Audio Card and I changed the connection settings within the realtek app from HD Audio to AC'97.  I don't know if its a coincidence yet or not but I played 4 games without losing  sounds which is borderline the longest stretch I've seen without the sound glitch in some time.  Let me know if you see an improvement.

Message 180 of 203 (1,174 Views)