loss of sound on mass effect andromeda

by Skauron

Original Post

Re: loss of sound on mass effect andromeda

@Skauron

Did you tested with 44100Hz?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 91 of 203 (1,817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Probably not yet. I will though

EDIT:  44100 is cd quality.  This would be a desparate move to drop my audio quality this much for a game.  I'd rather stop playing if i was forced down this route for a fix.

Message 92 of 203 (1,805 Views)

★ Novice

30/5 bug still not squashed,also just an fyi as long as twitch exists and ''promotion'' publishers-developers will never make games they will make products,be ready for much worst then this and i do sir mean FAR FAR WORST!

Message 93 of 203 (1,784 Views)

★ Novice

My friendly co gamer,i feel ashamed to go to any games support page and * a bout a problem i can ''sense'' many people have cause i know that someone is trying to fix it,this is not the issue,the issue is people are tired of ''X-rebirths'' or ''Lords of the fallen'' i could keep going all day if need be,for the idiotic price of 59 euro,for something that is not even close to a finished product,cause sure as hell aint a game,so riddle me this please sir,if u were CEO or at least the head of the department responsible for animations in a game and one of ur people supposedly * up and u decide to paint him black and throw him in the sea after a fiasco,what my good sir does that make u,u who didnt go in the trouble of checking the product for which u will demand 59 euro from every person out there?

....yeah poor  devs/pubs/manags i pity them

Message 94 of 203 (1,781 Views)

★★★ Pro

Frustrated beyond belief with this issue now.  I can't fix it.  I have tried to many things.. tried every suggestion including the cd quality audio which i loathed having to try, yet did.

I've even been hijacking other peoples threads where they've mentioned audio issues because they've actually had a response from EA on them.. in a desparate attempt to get someone from EA to notice THIS issue.  I hate doing that, it goes against how i like to use a forum.. but i've had to resort to it, because if you look at this entire thread.. it has been ignored.. skated past.. brushed under the carpet.

The feeling of being utterly ignored is overwhelming.   I think this feeling is worse than the issue itself.  upsetting to feel that once a company has taken money for a product, and you report an issue that has been experienced by many that no attempts to fix it seem to be, or are reported to be forthcoming.

It just takes communication .  I used to think i had a lot of patience.. i was wrong.   Not any more.  but then 2 full months is a very long time with no word from the devs about this.. nor even a customer service post to say 'hey we are aware and the devs are looking into it'.   nothing.   Silence.. but then silence is a theme isn't it. :/

Message 95 of 203 (1,774 Views)

@Skauron

You will not hear any differences in the sound quality between 44100Hz and 48000Hz at all, not even if you would have really expensive equipment.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 96 of 203 (1,771 Views)

★★★ Pro

sadly it didn't fix the issue.  i tried it today.. same issue occured a few hours later.

Message 97 of 203 (1,767 Views)

★★★ Pro

Updated with new test complete.  still no workaround found.

Message 98 of 203 (1,732 Views)

★★★ Pro

added summary of patch notes including specifying any elements where sound was adjusted as part of patch.

Message 99 of 203 (1,731 Views)

★★★ Pro

As there is a 100% lack of any official response on this thread from EA or Bioware, i've been advised by another forum user that this was discussed briefly on a recent twitch multiplayer livestream (last week).

Billy Buskell (Bioware producer) said the following during the steam.  (i've transcribed it from audio to text just for everyone to be able to read.)

"And one of the other ones that comes up a few times to is anything with the audio.  Errr this is something that we are aware of it's actually a little bit deeper than we able to look into ourselves.  So we've been reaching out to some folks at the Frostbite dev team level.  So, again can't go into a ton of detail but it's actually unfortunately not unique to mass effect its just we know that there are ways that it manifests in our games.  So nothing to announce right now other than yes we are looking into it, it's something that we're aware of but nothing to update on beyond that."  

Message 100 of 203 (1,723 Views)