invalid product code for Plants vs zombies GW2

by ash_gerninja123

Original Post

invalid product code for Plants vs zombies GW2

★★★ Newbie

Hi i bought Plants vs zombies gw2 03/29 2016 through Amazon and now in sept 2017 i am asked for product code again

when I put it in it says invalid code: the code already been used. But I am the one who first used it so the system should remember me.

what do I do now?

Message 1 of 2 (413 Views)

Re: invalid product code for Plants vs zombies GW2

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hey there @ash_gerninja123

Product codes are used to bind the game to the Origin account it is used on. Afterwards the code no longer works on any other Origin accounts. Even if you have a disc copy of the game, it binds to an Origin account which is needed to launch the game.

If you are launching the game and it is asking for the code again, it usually happens due to not being logged in to the Origin account the game was originally bound to. Are you sure that you are logged in to the right Origin account ? Rather than try to launch the game from a desktop shortcut, launch your Origin and login there with your credentials to ensure you are on the right account. Then go to the My Game Library and you should see your game there if the account is right, and it should launch normally. If you cannot see the game on the My Game Library, you are not on the account you originally used the code on. Try and login again with another account of yours until you find the one you used the code on.

Good luck !

Message 2 of 2 (399 Views)