Re: iPad users: does your sound vanish?

by EA_Andy

Original Post

iPad users: does your sound vanish?

★ Guide

Mine does. Bit by bit. First the music. That has faded out, usually in 30 minutes. Then sound effects go --- never all at once, and selectively. Plants will punch and nothing. Zombies quit screaming. At some point I will restart, re-open, or pull up the soundtrack to Agent 47, which works nicely with our game. 

I quit emailing tech support because they just don't care. 

Anyone else?

Message 1 of 7 (308 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Is it just on the ipad and not on your phone?

And customer support Is horrible about that. You only get the automated response which tells toy to look at the upcoming patch notes for fixes.

For a company that is trying to overcome a bad image with its customers, that's crappy business
Message 2 of 7 (297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

It happens to me as well on my iPad. I'm not sure if it's only the iPads that have the problem, or it's just what I notice because that's what I play the longest stretches of time on.

Message 3 of 7 (288 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
Jed, would you mind if i copy and paste this to the technical issues forum?

Or, @EA_Andy can you move the thread there?
Message 4 of 7 (284 Views)

★★ Guide

I have no iPad, however I also suffer from this problem, but only in terms of music. While I'm playing, suddenly the music disappears, but the sound effects persist. I want to emphasize that it happens to me very little (every four or five days, and I play about 5 hours a day).

To solve it I press the menu button, and then go back to the game (but without closing it). You can even do it in the middle of a game, and the problem is solved. Try it on your iPad. Maybe it will work for you too.

Message 5 of 7 (263 Views)

★★ Pro

The only thing that seems to fix it on an iPad is a full restart.

Message 6 of 7 (252 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@daalnnii - Thread moved to tech support.

I'll pass the information in this thread on - if you can narrow down exactly when this might happen i.e is it after a certain card is played, or you enter into a certain mode etc etc it would be really helpful.

Also, which specific devices are you seeing this on and how quickly after you start the game does it happen?

- Andy -

Message 7 of 7 (237 Views)