Re: i5 6600k 100% CPU usage

by RRREEEEEEEEEEE

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I tried turning off origin in-game and G-sync off as well. G-sync doesn't seem to do any difference but origin in-game miiight do a liiitle bit maybe possibly? The game is currently running smoothly but it did that today without appyling any of these new fixes too, so I dunno. I'll get back to this post if it goes to shi*t again

Message 11 of 24 (1,506 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It went to * again, my CPU couldn't keep up with WAR PIGEONS! 10v10 dropped to 50 fps every now and then, even when fps was limited to only 70. Sometimes the game runs smoothly, sometimes not. Can't say why.

Message 12 of 24 (1,476 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same specs as you and my 6600k @ 4.5GHZ pretty much sits on 100% and bottlenecks my 1070. But I still get 60-110 fps on my 144hz 1440p gsync. 

I only get the stuttering when I have Nvidia GeForce experience, 3D Vision Controller Driver, 3D Vision Driver, HD Audio Driver installed. One of those absolutely tanks my FPS so I choose custom installation when installing the drivers and ONLY select the driver. 

Message 13 of 24 (1,463 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've done this now, will see if the problem still occurs.

Message 14 of 24 (1,445 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just read your original post with all the updates and edits. I have two suggestions.

1. Create settings.cfg in your Battlefield 1 install folder and limit your FPS to 70. https://diaryofdennis.com/2016/08/28/how-to-limit-or-cap-the-fps-in-battlefield-1/

2. Remove an Asus audio drivers - they're known for causing issues.

3. Install EVGA Precision X (uninstall afterburner if you've installed it again.

Let me know how this goes! 

Message 15 of 24 (1,423 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

1. Limiting to 70 doesn't help, and I wouldn't want to do that either way.

2. I have none

3. I did this, made no difference. I much prefer msi afterburner as well.

Message 16 of 24 (1,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

For some reason BF1 ran exceptionally well today even when I set my max fps to 144. I had about 90-130 fps, with CPU being around 95-100%, but not CONSTANTLY 100%. Why it ran so well today I don't know, the only thing I did differently today was removing msi afterburner, then installing EVGA Precision X, then installing msi afterburner again. Then in-game I had issues in one map, but later tried another map where I didn't have too many issues. I fiddled with settings by lowering resolution to 1080p, lowering settings to high and medium. I had 100+ fps with no issues, then I went back to my previous mostly ultra settings and 1440p and it still ran fine 90-120 fps. 

I have a feeling I will have issues again maybe tomorrow, like always when I finally think I found the "fix".

A friend of a friend apparently had issues similar to mine and his fix was just restarting origin, he thinks sometimes people just get a sh*tty port or something like that and a restart can fix it. I too have a feeling the issues might be beyond my control at times.

If the issues reappear I will likely buy an i7 after all.

EDIT: It returned as expected . The same day about 7 hours after the session where the game ran so perfectly. However! I found out something very interesting.

I have a user.cfg file where I have limited my fps to 86. When I first got into an operation my CPU uisage was about 80% and it ran well at 86 fps. But then I wanted to try if I could reach higher like earlier today, but then the CPU usage went up to a steady 100%. Then I changed the maxvariablefps back down to 86, but my CPU usage was STILL at 100% and I had fps drops.

So if I don't touch anything it might stay fine, but it makes no sense.......... Why wouldn't the usage go back down to that 80% when I limited it to 86 again? Why did it stay at 100% as if my max was 144?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, changing maxvariablefps doesn't make it worse anymore. Now BF1 just ran perfectly, I restarted origin and bf1 3 times and it ran well each time, even with max fps being 144. Will it last? probably not...

So I am EXTREMELY confused how this works, sometimes the game runs terribly and sometimes very well. I wish a dev or something would look at my post and explain it to me because I think it is something wrong with BF1. Especially since I'm not alone in this struggle.

Message 17 of 24 (1,407 Views)

★★★ Novice

the solution is to delete the folder of battlefield 1 of My documents and leave the video settings by default,
once you play or modify something the game is broken, you can also test directly from the game in video options
in resetting the video settings by default and do not touch anything,
once you modify some of the video options the game will start to go wrong, leave it in automatic

Message 18 of 24 (1,378 Views)

Maybe a silly question but is the game using 100% cpu and you have verified by watching the actual game cpu percentage....or is it just the cpu is at full usage??  Reason I ask, is I would get lag spikes back when Dragon Age: Inquisition came out and noticed my cpu was at 100% when it happened, BUT the game was only using 75 to 95% of the draw on a variable scale depending on what was going on in game.  The issue was I had a background program, mine happened to be cleanmem a program designed to clear memory so you didn't have issues(ironically), and it would trigger occasionally  drawing 25% cpu when I was playing the game.  When cleanmem would activate for me the game would freeze or stutter for a few seconds and then would go back to normal.  I ended up using Microsoft Process Explorer and watching the game on one monitor and had the process explorer on the other waiting for a lag spike.  If you use Win10, the upgraded task manager may allow the same thing and for you to find out if the game is the issue, or if something else is hogging cpu time when you need it for the game, which could explain why it only happens sometimes.  Doing a clean boot may also help to figure out if it is a cross program interference....how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 19 of 24 (1,370 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The game is at about 96% usage during laggy times, while other necessary things take up the rest with like 0.5% usage each. But somtimes the game can run decently even if the usage is high, but not at a absolute constant 100%.

Message 20 of 24 (1,356 Views)