higher ping ingame than server browser

by D3sP3RadO77_GR

Original Post

higher ping ingame than server browser

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello. I have a rather frustrating problem with ping and latency in bf1 since the spring update.

Before the update i was playing in EU servers with lowest ping of 60ish, since the update i see only servers with 80+ ping.

But that's not all.. in server browser i have for example 80 ping but in game that 80 becomes 95+ up to 120 sometimes.

I haven't any problems at all with my ISP in other situations.

This bug/glitch/problem in server browser, i don't know how to describe it, what could it be?

Edit:

Now in server browser i see EU servers with 63ms but in game i have 83ms+!!!

I have to join every server until i can see one that actually haves in game the latency that the server browser shows...

Any help?

Message 1 of 8 (2,011 Views)

Re: higher ping ingame than server browser

Champion (Retired)

Let me explain the high latency, Well it was intent you to see higher latency and people from other regions go back to the regions and play they own servers because some servers were not being populated. Another reason was hit mark registry people from other regions had better hit registry from people in the own regions, in other words you kill them before they kill you. That's was a real frustration for local server players. In my own personal game experience. I play in m local servers but when I play in European servers I know I will have a high latency is frustrating but I understand is fear for the game and local players. hopefully that makes a little sense , best regards.

Manny

Message 2 of 8 (2,000 Views)

★★ Novice

FYI i was and still i am playing in local servers so i am considered a local player. I live in Greece so i ONLY join EU servers ( Netherlands and Ireland).

Sorry but i don't see the relation between hit mark registration issues and the fact that since the update i get +20ms than what server browser shows.

Message 3 of 8 (1,977 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @D3sP3RadO77_GR 

I am really sorry for those connection issues with Battlefield 1. Have you opened corresponding TCP ports, as this article here suggests? Can you also try to disconnect all the other wireless devices from your router, this may also boost your connection with the game. Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi  

Archi.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,963 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have portforwarded the needed tcp/udp ports with no change...All this time i was playing without portforwarding and i didnt have any issue up until the spring patch,so i dont believe that this is the fix for my problem.

As for other wireless devices, nothing is connected when i'm playing online.

Edit:

Today i joined an EU server with 80 ms in server browser but in game i had 63 !!! ???

what is happening???

Message 5 of 8 (1,918 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you find a fix

Message 6 of 8 (992 Views)

Hero
@AgonyOP Please don't necro threads, that's against forum rules. If you're having an issue you're most welcome to open a thread about it.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 7 of 8 (985 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (973 Views)