Re: high

by Hurley1372

Original Post

high

★ Novice

I'm experiencing really high latency while trying to play BF1 online multiplayer the latency is always over 250ms I am in Australia using wifi i know that wifi can be an issue but I cant use a wired connection in my situation i have run several trace routes and the ping gets worse with each hop gradually rising over the 17 hops to the EA servers.

At the 9th hop its goes to Prolexic HK which I am assuming is in Hong Kong its here that the ping averages 200ms and climbs steadily over the next 8 hops to above 350ms at the EA servers I have been through a heap of trouble shooting with my ISP updated the modem firmware etc my question is can this be helped at all or am I doomed to High Ping because I am in Australia and the EA servers are offshore? who is best to approach my ISP has been somewhat helpful and EA doesn't have a way for me to log case that I can find  but the latency is so bad that games are pretty much unplayable and that any time of the day even with all other wifi using devices turned off in my home.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Message 1 of 9 (444 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hello! @Hurley1372

There are a couple of things you can try out in this link:https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

But besides that, there isnt much people can do. It would be a bit better if you had a wired connection.

Hepful? :D

I'm not an EA employee so please,
If I helped you in any way press that "Give XP" button, also, if I fixed/solved your problem click "Accept as Solution" please! Thank you!
BF3 Lover, BFBC2 Veteran, EA Answers HQ Helper, I Was There Community Dogtag Holder, REC Filming Actor, BFEE Hunter...

-SOS Sir.B (Sir_SOS)

Message 2 of 9 (439 Views)

★ Novice

thanks for your answer I have been through all the EA trouble shooting none of it helps but thanks

Message 3 of 9 (437 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Hurley1372 

I am really sorry for those connection troubles with Battlefield 1. Can you try to open corresponding TCP ports, as described in this article here on this topic? Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 9 (427 Views)

★ Novice
Hi thanks for your reply I have already been through all the port forwarding troubleshooting in that link with my ISP and all required ports are open hasn't made a difference to high latency.
Message 5 of 9 (416 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Hurley1372 and thank you for this additional information. Your PC connected to your router with direct LAN cable? Some players reported, disconnecting all the wireless devices from your router can also improve your connection. Any chance you might try to play the game, using alternative Internet connection? Maybe a mobile one?

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 6 of 9 (367 Views)

★ Novice
I am playing over a WiFi connection I can't connect to my router via Ethernet cable it isn't an option given my living arrangements unfortunately so my latency issues to my xbox one are over WiFi
Message 7 of 9 (358 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @Hurley1372,

the first thing I'd recommend is trying a wired connection, since it does improve stability and consistency. I am well aware that you mentioned that this is not an option.

Given the fact that you tried to perform the other options to improve your connectivity and the ping is increasing in the UOTrace as well, it might be worth trying to find a wired solution after all, since that seems to be a general issue unrelated to Battlefield in particular.

Message 8 of 9 (342 Views)

★ Novice
The only part of my network that is WiFi is my xbox to my fritzbox the modem is wired it's an ADSL connection when I run a traceroute the hop from my xbox to my modem is always around 1ms so will connecting my xbox with an Ethernet cable really make a difference? The WiFi part of the network doesn't seem to be the issue it's when it gets to a hop called Prolexic HK off the top of my head it starts to really climb over 200ms.

I have had issues with no hit registration in gale as well that I put down to lag but looking in the forums this appears to be a net code issue?
Message 9 of 9 (332 Views)