failed to connect to the game session. please try again

by neocalc

Original Post

failed to connect to the game session. please try again

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I keep getting this error when joining multiplayer session. I have not been able to play multiplayer for last few days but I can play solo game sessions. I play on PC. But yes I can play in town hall but not through main portal.

Message 1 of 8 (2,248 Views)

Re: failed to connect to the game session. please try again

★ Apprentice

i was able to play in the town hall, but not in the portal in the main area

Message 2 of 8 (2,195 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same as the other posts that are on top. Hope it works tomorrow.

Message 3 of 8 (2,180 Views)

★★★ Novice

Server time out or unable to join game is the message I get. I have reported this issue but all I get is sorry about that from the EA support team. I have sent in dxdiag.exe file to help with the problem but it appears it has fell on deaf ears. The problem started for me at 11:36 am Monday the second of October after they did a update on the servers. I still am unable to play online multiplayer game in Plants vs Zombies 2. I have spent the time revamping my network, computer, and outdoor hookups. Still no game play.

I guess now I know why a lot of people stopped playing games on origin -EA Sports and have migrated to X Box and Play station.

Message 4 of 8 (2,168 Views)

★ Novice

Any one know when they going to fix??

Message 5 of 8 (2,154 Views)

★ Apprentice

They will only be able to fix it once someone in America knows about the issue.

Message 6 of 8 (2,150 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Who should we contact directly if this is still an issue? 

Message 7 of 8 (2,144 Views)

★ Apprentice

Please let me know if you find out - I have exhauseted all that I am going to try.

I will ask for a refund if they are unable to work this out in the next few days. I dont see where it is my job to convince a help team to assist us.

I've gone as far as msging community managers on this forum asking for help.

According to EA/Origin in india, they had escalated the issue and checked with server admins and the servers are completely fine (so they say). They wanted me to provide UO TRACE logs which there is no way to copy and paste. They HUNG UP on me and did not call back.

At this point it is not worth my time to peruse trouble shooting further. IT will either work in the next few days, or refund.

Message 8 of 8 (2,138 Views)