constantly losing connection

by matthewackers

Original Post

constantly losing connection

★★★ Newbie

What happens is I join a game, and then after a few minutes I lose connection (everything freezes, characters look like they're running in place etc) and then I am returned to the main menu with a screen saying I have lost connection to the EA servers. The thing is though, if I run an internet connection test, it confirms everything is working and then suddenly I can rejoin games. Then a few minutes later, it all happens again.

I end up finishing probably a quarter of my games.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 5 (405 Views)

Re: constantly losing connection

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello @matthewackers 

I am sorry for those connection troubles. Are you playing the game on PC or console? Have you tried to restart your router? Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to your game.

Keep me posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 5 (392 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I restarted my router 2 times, and even moved it to be within 5 feet of my ps4. This happens to me every every single day about 20 times. It is literally the absolute worst. Doesnt happen on any other games as of right now. Sometimes it will kick me from a game after its frozen and glitching, and other times it will say i cannot connect right from the moment i open Battlefield 1.
Message 3 of 5 (377 Views)

★ Novice

same as me, i have a wired connection upto 200meg and in the uk its been happening a week now very annoying.

Message 4 of 5 (370 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @kbeez8282 @garywood1973 

Sorry for those troubles with the connection. Have you tried to open corresponding TCP ports

Keep me posted.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 5 of 5 (346 Views)