character import issue for XB1

by Pirateking41

Original Post

Accepted Solution

character import issue for XB1

★★★ Newbie

Just picked up the PVZ:GW2 today. I was able to download and receive my deluxe edition card packs, but when the information pop-up stated that i could import my characters from the first game, the option to import is not showing up in the mailbox. I put a lot of time and effort into the first game and have unlocked a good amount of content. Is there any way that i can get help with the import? Is there a trick that i need to do? it would probably end up being a game-breaker for me if i was forced to unlock everything that i already achieved again. Thank you for your time

Message 1 of 4 (372 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: character import issue for XB1

Hero (Retired)

Unfortunately the ability to import character unlocks from the first game had a deadline of February 28th due to technical issues. If you are just picking the game up now you are already a few months past the deadline and importing is no longer possible.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (398 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Unfortunately the ability to import character unlocks from the first game had a deadline of February 28th due to technical issues. If you are just picking the game up now you are already a few months past the deadline and importing is no longer possible.

Message 2 of 4 (399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the reply.

Just kind of a bummer that all my hard work has to be done over again. Was there anything in particular that i am missing out on by not importing? Or is it just the characters themselves? Better put, could i have gotten the accessories and skins for my characters through the import, or was the import just solely for the characters themselves?

Message 3 of 4 (361 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Pirateking41

You won't be missing out on anything, with the exception of obtaining the Unicorn Chomper if you happened to have reached Rank 313 in GW1.

All of the original characters and their alternate abilities are included within GW2- the Import process was simply a shortcut to granting you access to all of the characters which you already unlocked in the original game. The only downside is that you will need to grind out the unlocking of all of the characters all over again.

Message 4 of 4 (334 Views)