battlefield 1 Xbox One defaults to Arabic on my ENGLISH account

by SmokeyTab

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefield 1 Xbox One defaults to Arabic on my ENGLISH account

★★ Novice

Hi,

I recently purchased Battlefield 1 through Xbox Live on the UAE regional store.

Despite my console's language set to English, the game including all text, menus and spoken dialog are in Arabic. 

I have read another thread explaining that this was also an issue on SW: Battlefront and the only way to change it to English is to change the region on my console, doing so requires a full reset.

I purchased the game digitally for the ease of playing the game without having to change discs. Now if i'm using one of the many streaming apps that will only work on the UAE region setting, I have to do a 2 min reset.

Why does the game ignore my console's language setting?

Why you cant just add a language select in a menu or upon booting the game i don't know?

Is this issue going to be patched?

Message 1 of 12 (14,315 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: battlefield 1 Xbox One defaults to Arabic on my ENGLISH account

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Nope, the game plays in English after changing my region to UK. It just annoys me that I have to change my region for this one game.

View in thread

Message 3 of 12 (16,646 Views)

All Replies

@SmokeyTab wrote:

Hi,

I recently purchased Battlefield 1 through Xbox Live on the UAE regional store.

Despite my console's language set to English, the game including all text, menus and spoken dialog are in Arabic. 

I have read another thread explaining that this was also an issue on SW: Battlefront and the only way to change it to English is to change the region on my console, doing so requires a full reset.

I purchased the game digitally for the ease of playing the game without having to change discs. Now if i'm using one of the many streaming apps that will only work on the UAE region setting, I have to do a 2 min reset.

Why does the game ignore my console's language setting?

Why you cant just add a language select in a menu or upon booting the game i don't know?

Is this issue going to be patched?

On Playstation games from each region only have languages from that region. For example you can't switch the language to English, German or French in a Russian copy of the game even if your PS4 is already in those languages - but you can witch to Polish, Russian, Ukrainian etc. That may be what is happening here. The console language setting only works when the appropriate language is actually in the region of the game that you are playing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 12 (14,283 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Nope, the game plays in English after changing my region to UK. It just annoys me that I have to change my region for this one game.

Message 3 of 12 (16,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Can you let me know how you change. Am totally pissed off searching for that changing option. I regret purchasing Battlefield 1
Message 4 of 12 (13,052 Views)

★★ Novice
  1. Sign in to your Xbox One console.
  2. Scroll left from Home to open the guide.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Select All Settings.
  5. Select System.
  6. Select Language & location.
Message 5 of 12 (12,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi i want to try this but will changing my country will affect xbox gold membership?

Message 6 of 12 (11,053 Views)

★★ Novice

The only thing it affects is the Store.

Message 7 of 12 (11,028 Views)

EA Community Manager

Changing the language shouldn't affect your Xbox Live Gold membership. Unlike PlayStation, Xbox itself does not have different region stores like Europe, North America or Asia that your account is locked to. There are some games however where the language of the game is determined by the console settings.

Message 8 of 12 (11,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just downloaded from the live for free same story as battlefront 1.

This is for the same reason I didn’t purchase assassins origin and battlefront 2. Any EA game is out of question for me until it gets fixed. I would really like to enjoy it but I am not ready for this. 

Message 9 of 12 (7,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded the game for free as well. My xbox reset, and the game is now in English from Arabic. I don’t see any differences on the Xbox but the store has converted the currency to pounds. That’s what I’m worried about. Will it charge everything in pounds now including the memberships?I

Message 10 of 12 (7,833 Views)