by FACEpuncher666

Original Post

Re: all my games are stuck in preparing download

★★★ Newbie

Dude, thank you sooo much!

Message 21 of 45 (4,328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

YES. Exit, run as administrator is working!

Message 22 of 45 (4,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much man. It really helped me very well Standard smile

Message 23 of 45 (3,980 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks man, i got my games to work with your guide :D

Message 24 of 45 (3,941 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you!!!

I just got Origin Access for the early Mass Effect: Andromeda trial and figured since I had OA now, I might as well take advantage of it. So I snagged Mirror's Edge: Catalyst and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but immediately got stuck in the download with Catalyst. Your solution here solved my problem on the first go. Thank you SO much for posting it. You saved me god only knows how much time and tech rage. Standard smile

Message 25 of 45 (3,890 Views)

Re: Origin stuck on "resuming download" on titanfall. Can't update BF4

★★★ Newbie

Worth noting that you'll have to re-download the entire game.

Message 26 of 45 (22,874 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me it just was stuck on resuming, then after that I exited then opened up origin and it only skipped to 16%

Message 27 of 45 (3,853 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Did you let it resume all they way or did you stop it mid way?

the reason it sits on resuming for the longest time is because its verifying all the files before it starts again just like wen you install  a game on steam that you already have the files for it searches through the existing files to see if anything is missing. origin does this but not as obviously

also if the resume puts you to only 18% it means ether your original game files are corrupt or there are updates to the game that origin is installing 

Message 28 of 45 (3,833 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly what i did. it failed the first time, but I then closed origin in my task manager and re-opened it as administrator and now its started to downloadStandard smile

Message 29 of 45 (3,789 Views)

★★ Novice

Please help. My games aren't downloading at all. They stay at download in queue and don't do anything - I've tried clearing the cache, reinstalling origin, running as admin, everything I can think of. When I clear the cache and restart my PC my game says '0% paused' and does nothing until I cancel the download. Then when I try to download it again, it reverts back to 'download in queue'. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR 4 HOURS THEY WERE WORKING YESTERDAY WHY WON'T THEY JUST DOWNLOAD AS FAR AS I CAN TELL THE DIRECTORY FILES ARE ALL FINE SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM

Message 30 of 45 (3,763 Views)