Re: Why is origin downloader so slow?

by magicastro

Original Post

Why is origin downloader so slow?

★★ Newbie

This is the crappiest software I have ever used. Downloading the sims 3 takes 3 hours. Thats crap! Adobe CS5 took 2.5 hours less than this crappy software! Go back to the old way!

Message 1 of 21 (9,563 Views)

Re: GET RID OF ORIGIN!

★ Guide

What are your downloading speeds and what's the max your connection allows?

Message 2 of 21 (9,512 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same question!  So far, Sims3 Seasons has taken almost 2 hours, is only 35% complete and still has a whopping 3 hours to go!!  This is beyond nuts...and in this day and age, totally unacceptable!  I had faster download times in 1995 with a 2400 baud modem!!

Message 3 of 21 (9,457 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem here.

Got 12Mbit/s / 0,8Mbit/s (Down/Uppload speed).

I can download from example steam with the speed of 1,3-1,6MB/s, but origin = 134-145KB/s.

Downloaded the sims over 7hrs now, and still got 3,42hours left...

Message 4 of 21 (9,353 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I just brought DEad Space and it going to take over 5 hours and counting. Steam would do it under an hour easliy.... how can you provide a half a$$ service??? EA sharpen up, not buying online with you any more. Back to steam I go Standard smile

Message 5 of 21 (9,210 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Strange, I have a 6Mb/s download speed on a good day, but I download from origin at about 700-800KB/s.

Message 6 of 21 (9,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the**bleep**' origin only seven and a half more hours left untill crysis3 is done -_-

Message 7 of 21 (9,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ohh and im not exaggerating

Message 8 of 21 (9,172 Views)

★ Novice

I think it's a pretty universal issue. My max speed with Origin is 50KB/sec, which is just ridiculous. I spent about an hour just downloading a patch, only to have it tell me "invalid file found", with no kind of explanation whatsoever. So now I have to uninstall and reinstall the whole game, expansion packs included, because it won't even tell me what the alleged invalid file is. I've never pirated a single Sims 3 game, out of support for the Maxis team; how could I possibly have any invalid files? And I won't even know if the issue is resolved until after downloading the patch again, at the same plodding pace. So much for a relaxing evening with my favorite game...

Message 9 of 21 (9,166 Views)

★ Novice

Hello All,

I am here to here to help with all of your Crysis 3 & Origin download speed/issues.

I have writen what to do and the best way to download Crysis 3 if you find Origin is downloading too slowly here: http://pastebin.com/a3cDvDyw

Hope this will help a lot of people

Message 10 of 21 (9,165 Views)