Re: Why can't I control my sims?

by crinrict

Original Post

Why can't I control my sims?

★ Novice

Recently, my sims 4 game has been acting up and now I can't make my sims do anything.I can't even make them interact. I've "repaired" my game multiple times now and removed my cc and mods but yet nothing is working. I do not own the disk game for the sims 4 and I have the parent expansion pack so I'm not sure if I should uninstall the game altogether.

Message 1 of 7 (6,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Basiuz, could you please give more information?  Are the Sims not doing anything you direct them to do, are they just doing some things but their autonomy (free will) is overriding many of your directions, or are they just standing still so that even their free will isn't working?Wondering

It's good you tried repairing your game and took out your Mods &CC, so at least we can rule that out! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (6,533 Views)

★ Novice

They won't do anything they are just on their own free will. When I click on something or someone nothing happens. No menu pops up for actions or anything.

Message 3 of 7 (6,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Basiuz, thanks for clarifying! Standard smile So they don't even have a popup menu!?!  Yikes!Shocked We'll need to ask @crinrict or @Phantomlover1717 for help on this one! 

(They are more Tech Savvy than I am! Embarrassed)

P.S.  You changed your screen name! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 7 (6,508 Views)

Hero

Hi @Basiuz

moved your post to the tech forum

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (6,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, my name is Jasmine did you try to refresh 

Message 6 of 7 (2,292 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @phffwwgk1cxh,

I'm now closing this thread to limit necroposting since it's from 2017 and a lot of things have changed since then. If this is happening for you today, could you create a new fresh thread to kick off the conversation please?

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 7 (2,263 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help