Origin Points

by Yippee_ea_io

Original Post

Re: Where can I spend my Origin Points?

★★★★★ Novice

Look, another stupid idea from EA. Give up already EA, you suck as a company and no one actually likes you. Nothing you or your Origin does is better than...oh, I don't know...Steam...Seriously just stop with the BS.

Message 81 of 268 (8,153 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Egeslean

I take it your morning wasn't pleasant?

We are trying to do our own thing with our own games, I don't think comparing us with other companies will help get your point across. And lastly, since the Origin Points currently don't serve a function they definitely shouldn't keep you from enjoying your games.

Message 82 of 268 (9,784 Views)

★★★ Novice

Maybe they should rename it to "Origin Score" or something. It seems to confuse people.

Message 83 of 268 (7,343 Views)

Re: Origin Points

★★★ Novice

I do think Uplay has the best solution for points by giving them real value in the context of the games you play in Uplay.

Its mostly  small things but often fun and interesting (splinter cell..etc).

With Origin after more than two years "brain storming" on this well simple task there cannot be much brainpower involved

or there will never be any incentive. It shows a real lack of planning to release a feature like that and then have no clue what to do with it.

Message 84 of 268 (7,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just recently read through all of this, and I agree with the person above, maybe they should change the name if it is going off achievements. I get that it would be nice if we could use these points to redeem stuff but since EA stated that it is still in development and that basically  an achievement system. Who knows what EA was thinking at the time when they created it? Who knows maybe they have plans for the future for it? There is a lot that we don't know but we shouldn't get all grumpy over it.

Message 85 of 268 (7,203 Views)

★★ Novice

How about get rid of the points completely since your not doing anything with them anyway !

I really dont understand you come up with some point system years ago and its function is unknown till this day........ SIGH just SIGH

Message 86 of 268 (7,140 Views)

Re: How do you earn Origin Points besides earning achievements?

★★★★★ Guide

Hi there. I was looking to learn another matter similar to this. But when I read your answer, I was a bit flummoxed...

because apparently I can use the points to add/purchase dlc to my game. Or at least, that seems to be what the Origin platform is offering? I am bit befuddled in general because I pay a monthly fee for vault access; however, I already own a good many games. So I'm surprised to see that I must purchase dlc anyway?

REgardless, the Origin tool shows specific amounts of the Bioware points that I can use to add the particular dlc packages.

Thanks for ironing out any details that you are aware of.

All the Best!

Message 87 of 268 (9,489 Views)

origin points

★★★ Novice

What are they? are they worth anything?

Message 88 of 268 (7,001 Views)

Re: origin points

EA app Team

Hi @NeMsY,

I merged your post here because EA_Tom already answered your question here. Please, take a look to his post Wink

-Mai

Message 89 of 268 (6,993 Views)

Re: How do you earn Origin Points besides earning achievements?

EA DICE Team

@cosmoblivion

Hi.

Bioware Points are different to Origin Points.

The Bioware Points are used only to purchase DLC for certain Bioware titles such as Dragon Age: Origins, or Mass Effect 2. We are slowly moving away from this system and you won't see it for newer titles.

Origin Points currently serve no other purpose than showing your current score in the Origin client - similar to achievements. You gain Origin points by owning games. We are still investigating future functionality for the points.

I hope that clarifies for you.

Message 90 of 268 (9,462 Views)