Origin Points

by Yippee_ea_io

Original Post

Re: Where can I spend my Origin Points?

★★★★ Novice

Maybe you'll be able to use them as money by the time you retire.

Message 71 of 268 (17,283 Views)

★★★ Novice

the Uplay point system is actually a great system for redeeming prizes.  I came here thinking Origin points would be similar, too bad about that.

Message 72 of 268 (18,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i find it hilarious that the original post about these stupid ORIGIN POINTS was on 07-22-2014 and even still OVER TWO YEARS LATER (10/21/16) its still not answered.... freakin ridiculous.

Message 73 of 268 (18,097 Views)

Re: Origin Points

★★★ Novice

Yeah, they kind of just let any word of it die out... I don't think we'll see anything where points would be converted into real world money, why would they implement something that can negatively influence their revenue stream? However, it would be great if it is used as an in-game currency that stretches over all the games that are hosted on Origin and has some in-game purchases, like battle packs in BF and various in-game purcases.

With the launch of the new Origin interface, I think we might be closer to finding out if points will become relevant anytime soon.

Message 74 of 268 (32,163 Views)

★★ Novice

That's not very many points to be bragging about

Message 75 of 268 (32,156 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA why are you giving us those Origin points anyway? If you don't want US to do anything with it just stop spreading it all over the place... Simple... And no one would ask you those stupid questions....

Message 76 of 268 (18,067 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Or remove pointless points all-together. Just show how much money we have spent on EA games so we can show how much disposable income that we have in a concise manner. Another idea; do away with Origin altogether. 

Message 77 of 268 (14,957 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

10/04/2017

Hello everyone,

Here are the current facts relating to Origin Points:

• Origin Points are a visual representation of your gaming prowess on Origin.
  • Similar to achievements, Origin Points can't be used as a currency.
  • Origin Points are not the same as Bioware Points; Bioware Points are used to purchase DLC for older Bioware titles.
Message 78 of 268 (328,220 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey Tom

Thanks for the info. Now do you have some new information, apart from the same info you gave 2 years ago? Because, that is literally the same answer, word for word, that you gave 2 years ago! And yes, I have read the entire thread. 

If EA would just admit that they have no plans for Origin Points at the moment, that would be a million times better, than to keep saying it is "in development"

Regards! 

Message 79 of 268 (17,931 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wow you might wanna check again .... He hasn't said anything on this post yet. When you go to the first page it still shows top answer which is his from just recently. Check the date next time.

Message 80 of 268 (17,692 Views)