Origin Points

by Yippee_ea_io

Original Post

Re: What's the point in Origin points?

★★★★★ Apprentice

And for what it's worth, I'm missing the points I had since the new Origin client d/l.

Message 61 of 268 (4,837 Views)

★★★ Pro

@GMGamerGirl You have not lost points. A few points received all - a mistake.

When we can expect the function to check which the game will include Achievements Origin without buying games? 

If I do not have this information, I buy and play with someone else. I'm not okay with it. It's time for you to provide this information! I am a user of STEAM (not advertising!) For several years. I achieved a lot there, but I want to be here. Together with you Electronic Arts!

my profil steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SebastianGuminiczak/

Points for achievements Origin (gumea): 9400

I belong to the family EA of 06.06.2011

Your faithffuly,

Sebastian Guminiczak

Message 62 of 268 (4,798 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@1Guma  "You have not lost points. A few points received all - a mistake."

While I am happy that YOU may have retained your points, mine are still missing, and that's after today's update too.  I'm not entirely sure what the latter part of your response even means.  I'm guessing English isn't your first language.

Message 63 of 268 (4,768 Views)

★★★ Pro

@GMGamerGirl I'm still learning.

You count the points from every game?

Message 64 of 268 (4,751 Views)

Re: Origin Points

★★ Apprentice

I currently have 1234 useless origin points ... meaning I've bought a lot of games and played quite a bit of single player and multiplayer unlocking achievements, etc. Many games were purchased as ultimate/deluxe editions where I spent full coin (BF2, BF3 BF4, MOH, MOHWF, BFHL) . Some games died (player base) before I could even ENJOY the DLCs (hardline was a prime example) ... there are too few players from my area currently playing, meaning you are against high ping opponents you cannot hit properly as per usual, making it a frustrating experience. Others, such as BF4 were unplayable in the 1st year due to horrible netcode/lag/hit detection.

I only wish these 1234 points could be used towards the BF1 deluxe or ultimate editions (ie a discount) ... the Canadian dollar has tanked HARD in the last few years meaning the standard $80 canadian dollar game is $90.40 in Ontario; the Deluxe $99 comes to $111.87 after tax, or the Ultimate Edition is a whopping $164.98 cad and after taxes, $186.42.

$186.42 ladies and gentlemen, for a VIDEO game that might die quicker than BFHL did.

There are many places selling BF1 software (preorder included) for much less than Origin.   The point I'm getting at here is this: If the useless points will continue to be useless, I will spend my money through another vendor where I'll save much more money. (2/3rds the price) where they don't charge tax!   $60 cad vs $90 ... seems a NO brainer guys.

MAKE YOUR POINTS DO SOMETHING, and I'm not talking about giving us a pretty gold plated avatar in ORIGIN beta version 19847147614, or else I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

Message 65 of 268 (25,125 Views)

Re: Where can I spend my Origin Points?

★★★ Guide

Hi  all.

It's been a while since I posted this question & I haven't read all the responses until now. 

Just like to say how surprised I am as to the longevity of this post & how humbled I am at all the XP people have voted me, thank you all.

For any & all who are confused & frustrated by Origin's use of 'points' to denote in game achievements, you have my sympathy coz we all naturally feel that 'points means prizes' & we want somewhere to redeem our steadily amassing points tally. Who knows what minor goodies we might get if we could only find that damned elusive market place where Origin points is a valid currency.

Sadly, as has been clarified previously, no such market exists & despite Origin's promise of 'further developments of Origin points', I will not be holding my breath in anticipation of said developments.

It's also become clear from reading the various responses, that Origin has some peculiar mechanics to both their points system (ZoeSpatula's post) & their customer interface in general.

As a footnote to my problems with Avatars & Monikers, they still can't seem to use my selected Avatar on this forum, even tho I chose one from their own offered gallery! At least I'm not a footballer now anyway. Standard smile  Also, it seems that capital EA is a prohibited character when trying to generate the Moniker YippeeEAio, yet allowed when written as Yippee_EA_io, tho they of course reproduce it here all in upper case on the header, all lower case on my post Moniker!?!?

Hey ho, if nothing else, then Origin exercise your brain & challenge your sanity. Looked at in a Nietzscheian way, they could be said to be making us mentally stronger, well those of us that haven't broken anyway.

Cheers. Standard smile 

Message 66 of 268 (4,231 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Was wondering this myself too after the new Origin launched.

uPlay has actually turned their points into something worthwhile, granted its nothing special, but you can spend uPlay points on things like wallpapers, soundtracks, in game items, and even use them to get discounts on games.

It'd be nice if EA did something with their points...finally.

Message 67 of 268 (3,985 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I earned BioWare points for playing Dragon Age Origins, and was able to use them to buy some of the DLC for that game (which earned them more money, because I had to buy a few more to get the last bits). A pity we can't do that with Origin points.

Message 68 of 268 (3,982 Views)

★★★ Novice

So cool it has become frozen in the development or as I like to call it "The never gonna happen" stage. Even DAYZ developers move faster than these idiots.

Message 69 of 268 (7,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hi all,

The current main thread on Origin Points can be found, here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Origin-Points/td-p/3173256

Message 70 of 268 (5,780 Views)