Origin Points

by Yippee_ea_io

Original Post

Re: Where can I spend my Origin Points?

Community Manager

@ExoTiX101 Sorry, there's no info on any upcoming giveaways. I know that you can get Hardline's Getaway for free on Origin right now, and there are the EA and Origin Access promos, but that's it for now.

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/free-games/on-the-house

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 41 of 268 (6,033 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure what alien, from what planet setup the Origin overlay, but clearly Steam Overlay is way better, and no one on the Origin team is trying to actually compete with Steam. What I want to know is what was the original intent for our "Origin Points" listed right next to our names. I've had mine for years slowly building up, and never once figured out what they were for or how to spend them, beyond some vague reference that we would get to use them to get free game content. That said, when are we going to get access to the content. 

Please explain to whoever the idiots that designed Origin that if they want a setup that everyone will like go look at Steam and look at older games like L4D2 and you will find winning combinations. Overwolf is better than Origin, your planning team should clearly outline goals and set a solid long range plan for what you want Origin to become. As it is, it is trash, and by you giving us tons of things like these points and never making good on what they originally meant it shows your management to be liars that can't get anything meaningful done.

Message 42 of 268 (5,917 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this is the lie EA has told us been a few years still waiting

Message 43 of 268 (5,841 Views)

How do you earn Origin Points besides earning achievements?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Deleted

Message 44 of 268 (9,712 Views)

Re: How do you earn Origin Points besides earning achievements?

EA DICE Team

@Chillstoker

Hi,

As far as I know your points can be increased by any purchases such as games or DLC, but also achievements. Do note that the points themselves currently serve no functionality.

Message 45 of 268 (12,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Deleted

Message 46 of 268 (9,687 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Chillstoker

Yeah that is quite strange. I've forwarded the details about the random point gains but haven't heard anything back yet. I will let you know if I find out the cause.. Standard smile

Message 47 of 268 (9,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Deleted

Message 48 of 268 (9,670 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still waiting for the points redemption.

Message 49 of 268 (5,403 Views)

Community Manager

@Chillstoker That's indeed out of date, thanks for noticing. I will pass this on for revision.

Unfortunately it will take a bit of time as the team looking after the help.ea.com articles is currently migrating to a different content management system.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 50 of 268 (9,648 Views)