VR startup screen showing game loading forever

by daddo61

Original Post

VR startup screen showing game loading forever

★★★ Newbie
Just bought the Star Wars game and then downloaded the expansion pack for the VR experience. I can play the non-VR game, but when I choose the VR game it takes me to a load screen which shows the circle turning at the bottom right turning for 15-20 min. Maybe I am just being impatient, but does it actually take more than 20 minutes for the VR package to load? Or am I doing something else wrong? Perhaps I should uninstall the game and download it again? Any tips from someone who may have experienced the same problem would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 17 (578 Views)

Re: VR startup screen showing game loading forever

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @daddo61 

I am really sorry for those troubles, running the game. Can`t say I`ve seen such issues before, but usually power cycling your console (you will need to turn it off and unplug from the power supply for a few minutes) and reinstalling the game clears any issues you might have in the game. 

Keep me posted on this. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 17 (562 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you! I will try this and let you know if it works.
Message 3 of 17 (559 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Also, I guess from what you're saying that it should not take 20 minutes for this game to load normally. I would expect it would load immediately like the other missions. Thanks again
Message 4 of 17 (558 Views)

Hello @daddo61

Just let us know if the power cycling solves this. And of course it should not load that long.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 5 of 17 (544 Views)

★★ Novice

BUMP

Getting the same issue. I've tried reinstalling the whole game, power cycled twice, still doesn't seem to work. I'm just getting the loading screen for 5+ minutes (I give up after that). Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Message 6 of 17 (532 Views)

Hello @Spekta1983

Your main game is a digital download or a physical disc version? Do you have any other DLC installed? What region are you in? 

Archi.png
Message 7 of 17 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Archi

it's an actual physical disc. I don't have any other star wars battlefront DLC installed and I'm in the UK, I think the disc says it's region 2. Does that sounds right?

Message 8 of 17 (520 Views)

@Spekta1983

Yes, everything seems right. Have you unplugged your console from the power supply, while you were power cycling it? Do you have enough free disc space for the DLC to install?

Archi.png
Message 9 of 17 (511 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Archi

Yes and yes. It's only the third game I've brought and my PlayStation Pro is only 3 weeks old. I'm guessing there's no obvious reason for this, or easy fix? Upsetting as the VR mission was a large part of why I brought the game. Thanks for responses though!
Message 10 of 17 (504 Views)