Unable to redeem CD Key

by KevKev8585

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to redeem CD Key

★★★ Newbie

I have owned the game Spore, and it's expansions for quite a while on Steam, but I wanted to have it on Origin rather than Steam, and I decided to get it's CD key, and register it onto Origin. However it gives me an error saying "We're sorry, this code cannot be redeemed here. Please redeem your code at the following site: http://help.ea.com/. FAQ"
I go to the EA help, and go through the redeem code section, prompting me to the My Account page, where I can register the CD Key. I input the Key, and again it gives me the same error as before, leading me back to the EA help website, and keeping me in a constant loop. I also read the FAQ, but there didn't seem to be a solution to my problem. Am I missing something? Does Origin not accept this CD Key? Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,863 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to redeem CD Key

EA app Team

Hi @KevKev8585,

In most cases once you redeem a product code on Steam it cannot be redeemed again on Origin. The best thing to do in this situation, would be to contact our support via live chat or phone call and the Advisors should be able to check if anything can be done:

1. Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly selected in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)

2. Find the affected game (if it's an account issue select Origin)
3. Select your platform  
4. Select topic and issue.
5. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings, time of day and the topic/issue you choose.

Let us know if you run into any issues with this.

EA_Mage

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,869 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @KevKev8585,

In most cases once you redeem a product code on Steam it cannot be redeemed again on Origin. The best thing to do in this situation, would be to contact our support via live chat or phone call and the Advisors should be able to check if anything can be done:

1. Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly selected in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)

2. Find the affected game (if it's an account issue select Origin)
3. Select your platform  
4. Select topic and issue.
5. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings, time of day and the topic/issue you choose.

Let us know if you run into any issues with this.

EA_Mage

Message 2 of 5 (1,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the response.

Message 3 of 5 (1,807 Views)

EA app Team

Happy to help. Standard smile

Don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any questions, issues or advice for other players.

EA_Mage

Message 4 of 5 (1,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie
EA Mage. Your EA Advisors are not helpful at all. They set false expectations with issue with my game having to be resolved by tonight along with providing poor customer service. I am afraid I will discontinue with Origin and EA altogether due to this unpleasant experience.
Message 5 of 5 (1,727 Views)