Re: Unable to play this game on any IGP, any kind: all finished here

by therichrgamr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Update Custom Drivers (which results in game crashing)

★ Novice

Hello, I was going to try out the Star Wars Battlefront 4 hour trial on my PC. Whenever I try to launch my game, it gives me a notice about how my computer does not have graphic cards up to date.  My graphics card is an Intel HD Graphics 4400 ( which is under the minimum specs for the game, but I could modify the game to run) but it has a custom driver exclusive to my computer. I was hoping someone could help me with my current situation.

Message 1 of 3 (335 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@therichrgamr

The driver is a redundant aspect that cannot be a concern here.  This game REQUIRES only the graphics cores produced by AMD and nVIDIA to run.  Nothing else.  Not ordinary graphics cores; gaming class cores are much more powerful than what any average computer has in it. 

These special chips are attached to a totally separate, discrete circuit board, which in its own turn is inserted into a Gaming Class computer, with more memory, a faster CPU, and better storage subsystems than the standard PCs come with. 

Minimum PC System Requirements

Processor (Intel): Intel i3 6300T or equivalent (3.3 GHz)
    Memory: 8GB RAM
    Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
    Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    Graphics card (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
    Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection 

Ordinary IGP video chips only have a very few MBs of VRAM, not two GBs.  If you cannot add a real gaming GPU, and matching power supply, to a computer, then forget this game. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (382 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@therichrgamr

The driver is a redundant aspect that cannot be a concern here.  This game REQUIRES only the graphics cores produced by AMD and nVIDIA to run.  Nothing else.  Not ordinary graphics cores; gaming class cores are much more powerful than what any average computer has in it. 

These special chips are attached to a totally separate, discrete circuit board, which in its own turn is inserted into a Gaming Class computer, with more memory, a faster CPU, and better storage subsystems than the standard PCs come with. 

Minimum PC System Requirements

Processor (Intel): Intel i3 6300T or equivalent (3.3 GHz)
    Memory: 8GB RAM
    Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
    Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    Graphics card (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
    Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection 

Ordinary IGP video chips only have a very few MBs of VRAM, not two GBs.  If you cannot add a real gaming GPU, and matching power supply, to a computer, then forget this game. 

Message 2 of 3 (383 Views)

★ Novice
Ok, thank you for the information sir.
Message 3 of 3 (304 Views)