Titanfall 2 not allowing me to move

by wilserv5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2 not allowing me to move

★★★ Newbie

Problem with TitanFall 2 that just started today.  When I enter a game, I can't move, shoot, jump, or anything...tried restarting my PC, repairing, reinstalling, and even tried using a different PC with a different OS (Win 10 vs. Win 7) and it still will not let me to play...please help...

Message 1 of 9 (3,519 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall 2 not allowing me to move

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Himanshu Y. from EA called and somehow I was finally able to add key bindings again.  Hope they stay, I never changed them, or any of my hardware, and then in early May I couldnt move, shoot, or anything other than look around.  I tried adding key bindings, and everything said UNBOUND, but it wouldn't allow me to change them.  First two rounds of tech support thought it was the graphic card.  All that we did was trying repair again (for the 8 or 9 time) and it worked.  Magic...

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (3,766 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @wilserv5 

I am really sorry for those troubles with the game. Can you confirm this issue for both single player campaign and multiplayer game? Also, were you using the same keyboard with your second PC? Disabling Origin in-game for Titanfall 2 can also solve this. Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 2 of 9 (3,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes, I am super bummed out.  Really like TF2.  Happens in both single player and multiplayer.  Tried 3 different video card driver versions (original, most recent, second most recent) using two different client IDs (WILSERV5 and LORDDISCOUNT) on two different WIN10 systems (6700K/GTX 970 and Ryzen 1700X/GTX 1050), two different mechanical keyboards (ROG and MS), repaired/unistalled/re-installed (repeatly), disabled origin-ingame, and I am still unable to fix....frustrated...all my other games work (GTA5, CODBO3, TF1, Forest)...what else can I do?  Have two other systems to try, but reluctant to spend any more time...technical support is baffled...

Message 3 of 9 (3,476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Himanshu Y. from EA called and somehow I was finally able to add key bindings again.  Hope they stay, I never changed them, or any of my hardware, and then in early May I couldnt move, shoot, or anything other than look around.  I tried adding key bindings, and everything said UNBOUND, but it wouldn't allow me to change them.  First two rounds of tech support thought it was the graphic card.  All that we did was trying repair again (for the 8 or 9 time) and it worked.  Magic...

Message 4 of 9 (3,767 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @wilserv5 and thank you for sharing this solution with us here. I can see how long and frustrating it was, but its good to know you can finally play the game. Enjoy Titanfall 2 and let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. 

Archi.png
Message 5 of 9 (3,438 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem today and cant move. Campaing also deleted itself and no controls work everything is UNBOUND.

Message 6 of 9 (2,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2021 sadly I been playing Titan fall 2 multiplayer and front tear defense on Xbox one for a while and out of no where my player stopped running, walking , jumping after 5 seconds of play each match , I do have a high score i am not sure if an Admin froze my account (STOP6QUAN )  I would be playing 24/7 just bc I'm in love with the game now I can't even play with my son . PLEASE HELP 🆘

Message 7 of 9 (1,585 Views)

★★★ Guide
@rh8hlvahwaem DDoS attack is causing insane ping spikes. This is the third or fourth time this happens this year. The problem is not on your end, you can't do anything about it, the issue needs to be fixed by EA and Respawn but they are in no particular hurry to sort it out. Check any of the trending threads for more info.
Message 8 of 9 (1,564 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having the exact same problem for 2 weeks on the xbox series s. I have been trying to get an answer from EA and they just keep sending my round in circles.  Hey EA when you get round to fixing it!!! My tag is carniverous8 

Message 9 of 9 (1,530 Views)