Re: Titanfall 2 multiplayer crashes after 30-60 seconds.

by 7Zeth7

Original Post

Titanfall 2 multiplayer crashes after 30-60 seconds.

★ Novice

First and foremost

Windows 10
Intel Hd 4000
Intel core i5-3210m cpu 2.50 ghz
6.00 gb ram
64 bit operating system

That's the specs of my computer, far as I know.

Heres the thing, I know my computer can run this game, and before anyone says it can't I have been playing the single player campaign nonstop since I bought the game. I've run it through three different times and have come across no issues at all throughout the game. I have a solid 20fps throughout the entire campaign, with the lowest dipping to about 17-18 fps in the one map where all those houses are being built. My computer can run this game just fine for me.

There is no issue Memory, GPU, or CPU wise, it is not the hardware, so if you try and claim that it is, then i'm going to give you an exasperated sigh and ask that you just leave and let someone else try and figure it out.

My issue ONLY comes from the multiplayer. When I load it up it works just fine, and as long as I don't touch anything and don't click anything, it'll sit on the screen forever. However, the moment I try to go into the customization for the pilots or titans, or click any options on the screen, it freezes. The game gives no error code, gives no reason, it just plain stops, it ceases to respond, and I can not close out of it unless I'm running in windowed mode. in fullscreen I have to hard shutdown my computer in order to get out of the program. Now I've downloaded the driver update from Microsoft that I was told would fix the intermittant crashes, but this isn't intermittant it's a full on stop any time I try and start doing stuff in the multiplayer. I've been looking all over the forums and google to find an answer for this, but so far I haven't found any indicator that anyone else is having this specific problem.

I tried talking to live chat, and spent about eighteen hours waiting on that to work, that's *.

So I'm going to post this here and hopefully I'll have an answer in a few days as to why this is occuring, and how to fix it.

Message 1 of 10 (1,922 Views)

Community Manager

The system is significantly below spec, just because you can run the campaign doesn't guarantee that MP will work.

There's not a 1:1 translation in how the tech works in different game modes, so one element/mode working doesn't prove that another will.  You can sigh and try to ignore this if you wish, but I'm trying to be straight with you. 

I'll assume you're already running with your graphics set to the minimum, but if not, try turning everything down. It may also help to restart with a Clean Boot: https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Again, you're dramatically below spec so there are no promises, but I hope that you can get it running. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,903 Views)

★ Novice

If I am dramatically below spec, explain how my brother, who has the exact same hardware as me, is playing the game without any problems at all. And he didn't do anything special for his equipment either. He downloaded and installed the game and it works just fine without any tweaks or changes, and multiplayer runs absolutely fine, without any issues at all.

So try again please, because I've already told you that my computer CAN run the game.

Message 3 of 10 (1,894 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I'm not here to argue with you, but I wanted to make it clear that there aren't any guarantees. 

Maybe your brother has some different graphics settings, or maybe you have a 3rd party program running that's not running on your brother's system? This is why I made the suggestions above, I hope they help. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,887 Views)

★ Novice

He has his graphics set to rock bottom.

The only program running alongside Titanfall 2 is origin, Every other program background application has been disabled and turned off. But so far the game still stalls out.

Message 5 of 10 (1,861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Intel Hd 4000....

INTEL HD 4000??!?!?

Intel Hd 4000, Intel Hd 4000 ,Intel Hd 4000

The problem is Intel Hd 4000

Intel Hd 4000 Intel Hd 4000 Intel Hd 4000 Intel Hd 4000  Intel Hd 4000  Intel Hd 4000 Intel Hd 4000

its like saying "I bought a electric Prius but it is not preforming on an f1 race track." You need a new car bro, NOTHING YOU DO WILL MAKE THAT CAR compete on that track. NOTHING. 

EVEN AT ROCK BOTTOM SETTINGS it doesnt mattter. Intel Hd 4000 is THE WORST ghx card u can get... and Im not even joking

for why 1 comp can play it and the other cant, maybe one is full of dust, and not cleaned out, or has a capacitor that isnt dead, but going. Maybe it has some curropted windows files OR different driver versions.

Just because 2 computers have the same specs does not just automatically mean what works on one HAS TO WORK on the other. to programs, different driver versions is as differetn as different hard ware.

Message 6 of 10 (1,832 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Windows 10

Intel HD Graphics 4600

Intel Core i5-4440S CPU 2.80 GHz

8.0 GB installed memory

64-bit OS, x64-based Processor

I'm first going to note that the game never unfreezes when this occurs.

I'm having the same issue, but I noticed that when this occurs the game runs with 0-2% CPU usage, suggesting that the game in general is no longer running. It also has stopped using the disk, and when this happens it also usually stops using the memory assigned to it. This occurs when I edit my classes 90% of the time. If I do not touch my classes or titan loadouts and launch a match the game rejects my connection to the server and brings me back to the title menu. After getting back into multiplayer the game freezes regardless of what I do or don't do, forcing me to close the game. I sat at my screen for an hour straight without touching it to see if it would unfreeze but that never happened. It also frequently freezes when the game offers to have me join another match. I have searched for help for a long while now but have failed to find an answer. My game does not lag anytime before this happens and has no reason for happening. The only other program open is Origin. Please find a way to fix this as soon as possible.

Message 7 of 10 (1,804 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just an update to my earlier comment.

It has begun to occur whenever I start a game, leading me to believe that this happens because of the games interaction with my network when connecting to the servers. 

Also, THE PROBLEM IS NOT INTEL HD 4K, I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS TERRIBLE

Message 8 of 10 (1,801 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too, with the same graphic card, I can play the game (singleplayer) with 30 fps or more, almost all the time, and the multiplayer (the first match) too, but the problem is, after the first mach, my game freezes and give me the error "Titanfall 2.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware", and occur in the same local, in the customization of the characters.

Message 9 of 10 (1,791 Views)

★★★ Novice

Any one has found any solution? I have played the campaign and finished, but the multiplayer keeps crashing.... In the same location, in the customization of the characters, and BTW, in the directx log, I have found this:

+++ WER7 +++:
Falha no bucket 129293965569, tipo 5
Nome do Evento: AppHangB1
Resposta: Não disponível
ID do CAB: 0

Assinatura do problema:
P1: Titanfall2.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 5834b6c1
P4: e436
P5: 134217728
P6: