Re: Titanfall 2 installation won't complete, resets to 80% completion upon finis

by HappyCraftYT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2 installation won't complete, resets to 80% completion upon finishing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Every time I pause the installation and reopen Origin, it says the download is at ~73%, 27GB out of 36GB. Once it recalculates it says the installation is somewhere between 80% and 85%, 23GB out of 27GB. Upon "completing" the installation it always resets to that 80-85%, losing roughly 5GB of data in the process, and continues to "install".

I have tried completely reinstalling the game, turning off my firewall, making sure my internet connection is secure, etc. and nothing works.

As of now I have been trying to install Titanfall 2 for over a day. It is the only game that has ever given me this sort of trouble - not even Star Wars: Battlefront, an 80GB game, gave me this sort of trouble.

I am considering a refund if this is not solved. I personally believe this to be unacceptable. Thank you for any help you can give.
Message 1 of 6 (4,366 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall 2 installation won't complete, resets to 80% completion upon finis

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

UPDATE: Apparently it was a corrupted save file that was preventing the download and installation from progressing to completion, which makes sense as I had played an hour or two of the Gauntlet while waiting. The super helpful EA customer service representative walked me through the process of clearing my Origin cache, which I will put here in case anyone stumbles across this problem in the future and is looking for a potential solution:

UPDATE 10/30/16: The process detailed below did not work! Solution still needed.

-Cancel your download and delete any existing Titanfall 2 folders. You'll need to do a full reinstall, sorry to anyone with slow internet! It sucks, I know.

-Log out of and close Origin.

-Open Task Manager. Towards the bottom of the Task Manager window, look for an option on the bottom lefthand side that says "More details". Click that. (It's across from the End Task button, same line.)

-Scroll down through your Background Processes and find OriginWebHelperService. Select it and then hit End Task.

-Open your file browser/explorer.

-At the top of the window should be a View tab, click it.

-Look to the right of the View tab and look for a checkbox that says "Hidden items". Check that box off.

-Navigate to the drive that has your Origin installation info.

-Go to your ProgramData folder, which should be semi-transparent to indicate that it is usually hidden.

-Find the Origin folder.

-Delete everything in that folder EXCEPT LocalContent! DO NOT delete LocalContent!

-Return to the drive that has your Origin installation info.

-Navigate to the Users folder and head into your user profile folder.

-Navigate into the AppData folder, which, again, should be semi-transparent to indicate that it is usually hidden.

-Go to Roaming.

-Find the Origin folder and delete everything within.

-Return to the AppData folder.

-Navigate to the Local folder.

-Finally, restart your computer!

-Now reopen Origin, log in and restart your download.

You have now purged Origin, and with it any corrupt save files preventing you from completing your download. I am unsure if this affects save files in your other installed games, as the only other game I own on Origin was uninstalled a while back - I did notice that the achievements I unlocked for that other game were unaffected, but I would still advise caution when doing this. Consider it a final resort only!

Again, a very big thanks to the EA service rep who helped me out. I didn't catch his name, but he was eager to help and identified the cause in an incredibly timely manner. Titanfall 2 is currently reinstalling, hopefully it works! He said everything should be alright now, but if the problem persisted that I shouldn't hesitate to call them back.

Admin edit:

The steps to refresh Origin are also detailed in the following article:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (5,225 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

UPDATE: Apparently it was a corrupted save file that was preventing the download and installation from progressing to completion, which makes sense as I had played an hour or two of the Gauntlet while waiting. The super helpful EA customer service representative walked me through the process of clearing my Origin cache, which I will put here in case anyone stumbles across this problem in the future and is looking for a potential solution:

UPDATE 10/30/16: The process detailed below did not work! Solution still needed.

-Cancel your download and delete any existing Titanfall 2 folders. You'll need to do a full reinstall, sorry to anyone with slow internet! It sucks, I know.

-Log out of and close Origin.

-Open Task Manager. Towards the bottom of the Task Manager window, look for an option on the bottom lefthand side that says "More details". Click that. (It's across from the End Task button, same line.)

-Scroll down through your Background Processes and find OriginWebHelperService. Select it and then hit End Task.

-Open your file browser/explorer.

-At the top of the window should be a View tab, click it.

-Look to the right of the View tab and look for a checkbox that says "Hidden items". Check that box off.

-Navigate to the drive that has your Origin installation info.

-Go to your ProgramData folder, which should be semi-transparent to indicate that it is usually hidden.

-Find the Origin folder.

-Delete everything in that folder EXCEPT LocalContent! DO NOT delete LocalContent!

-Return to the drive that has your Origin installation info.

-Navigate to the Users folder and head into your user profile folder.

-Navigate into the AppData folder, which, again, should be semi-transparent to indicate that it is usually hidden.

-Go to Roaming.

-Return to the AppData folder.

-Navigate to the Local folder.

-Finally, restart your computer!

-Now reopen Origin, log in and restart your download.

You have now purged Origin, and with it any corrupt save files preventing you from completing your download. I am unsure if this affects save files in your other installed games, as the only other game I own on Origin was uninstalled a while back - I did notice that the achievements I unlocked for that other game were unaffected, but I would still advise caution when doing this. Consider it a final resort only!

Again, a very big thanks to the EA service rep who helped me out. I didn't catch his name, but he was eager to help and identified the cause in an incredibly timely manner. Titanfall 2 is currently reinstalling, hopefully it works! He said everything should be alright now, but if the problem persisted that I shouldn't hesitate to call them back.

Admin edit:

The steps to refresh Origin are also detailed in the following article:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/

Message 2 of 6 (5,226 Views)

EA DICE Team

@olcon0

Hi!

I am glad to hear that an Advisor was able to help you get back into the game. And I would also like to thank you for taking the time to write down here what resolved the issue for you - this might help a lot of players that are experiencing the same issue.

I will mark your post as the solution so it can be viewed more easily.

I hope you will both your weekend and Titanfall 2.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 6 (4,295 Views)

★★ Novice

@Straatford87, sorry but the issue is still not solved. The solution didn't work and I'm still at the exact same problem. I made sure to not launch the game during this install to prevent any possible corruption issues but the same thing has happened once again - it's stuck on 73% once more and I'm not closer to finding a solution. I don't know if I should call customer service back but any help would be appreciated, as there's another thread now that has the same issue which means it's not just me. I've been trying to install Titanfall 2 for three days and I have no idea what to do to correct the issue.

Message 4 of 6 (4,276 Views)

EA DICE Team

@olcon0

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that the issue has returned.

Can you please try running your system in a clean boot? Make sure to then also run Origin as administrator.

In the event that you are still experiencing the issue then I would like to see an Origin Error Report ID number from you. You can post the number itself in this thread.

Message 5 of 6 (4,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem too. 

Message 6 of 6 (2,595 Views)