Re: Titanfall 2 couldn't initialize sound

by MikaDaimbot

Original Post

Titanfall 2 couldn't initialize sound

★ Novice

Titanfall 2 couldn't initialize sound

Please make sure you have a sound playback device that is enabled and properly configured.
Failed in:MilesBankGetStatus

Miles output follows: Streaming source r2/sound/general_stream.mstr is not a Miles Stream.

how to fix?

Message 1 of 7 (7,568 Views)

Community Manager

@MikaDaimbot

I found a very similar thread with a solution that is likely to help you too. Please try the steps there, in step 2 choose your own Line out device.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Game-wont-launch-Couldn-t-Initialize-Sound/m-p/5679133#M73...

Let us know if setting your audio to 2 channel, 44.1KHz, 16-bit helps prevent that error, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (7,552 Views)

★ Novice

Doesn't work for me, and I used to play titanfall 2 on 48000hz before. The  error showed when I updated the game.
Currently using Hyper X Cloud II plugged into it's soundcard. Not using any audio interfaces, I also tried using the audio ports on the back of the motherboard and on front of the case,
still not working.

System specs as follows:
i7 4790

GTX 970 (Driver version 376.54)

16gb ram

Windows 10 Home

Message 3 of 7 (7,550 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MikaDaimbot try to delete file C:\Users\<your_name>\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local\settings.cfg and run Origin and the game as Admin.

If it not helped, please, attach reports (txt files) of Dxdiag and MSInfo to a next your message.

Message 4 of 7 (7,519 Views)

Community Manager

@MADrag0n@MikaDaimbot

Actually one small thing, do not add your MsInfo file here, generally that file contains personal info we do not want to be posted here on a public forum. Thanks.

barry.png
Message 5 of 7 (7,516 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@EA_Barry We can delete it after inspect... ))

And for clarify, please, can you specify what kind personal info is contained in the MSInfo report and is not have in the Dxdiag log?

Message 6 of 7 (7,509 Views)

Community Manager

@MADrag0n

I don't know specifically what is in the MSInfo other than there is too much detail and possibly personally identifiable information.

barry.png
Message 7 of 7 (7,503 Views)