Titanfall 2 audio stutter/lagspikes

by DreadZep

Original Post

Titanfall 2 audio stutter/lagspikes

★ Apprentice

Hi,

I've seen this addressed in other threads but even after setting the sampling rate to the lowest possible setting I would still get audio crackles and pops. This combined with lowering settings did not help. I've been trying all weekend to fix it so I can try out the new game with my friends but I just can't get it to work so I can enjoy a match.

Message 1 of 28 (2,456 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 audio stutter/lagspikes

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @DreadZep 

I guess you have already tried solution from this thread http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Titanfall-2-Audio-stuttering to no avail? Do you have a separate audio card? Have you tried to use some simple headphones just to see if this makes any difference?

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 28 (2,426 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Archi,

I've tried 44.1kHz/16 bit and it helped but the problem still persisted and got worse when there were more rendering objects nearby. I've tried headphones that are originally 7.1 (but I think it's simulated, plantronics gamecom 780) and set the windows audio setting to stereo and I still couldn't properly play a match.

I've also tried repairing the game and removing the audio files and repairing on a different occasion.

I put the process priority at above normal as well and I've changed video and audio settings to try several times with several different setups.

Otherwise I have no separate audio card and my GPU is a MSI GTX 1070, CPU is an AMD X4 760K quad core.

Thanks for your reply,

Dread

Message 3 of 28 (2,421 Views)

Hello @DreadZep 

Can you perform a Clean boot? https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/kb/929135

Wonder if some kind of additional software interrupts the sound. How does you monitor is connected to your PC? HDMI?  

Archi.png
Message 4 of 28 (2,413 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Archi

I have only recently performed a fresh install but I could try it. Were it not that I don't have the game, that's why I wanted to try it during the free weekend.

And I have two monitors connected (only one is used for gaming) one HDMI and one DVI. The HDMI one is used for gaming.

Message 5 of 28 (2,411 Views)

@DreadZep 

Well, maybe the HDMI connection causes this. It would be nice to test the game with only one DVI monitor. 

Archi.png
Message 6 of 28 (2,402 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Archi

Gift it to me and I'd love to be a tester =^]

Message 7 of 28 (2,396 Views)

@DreadZep 

Something to consider Standard smile 

Archi.png
Message 8 of 28 (2,389 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Guys try disabling Origin overlay.
Next to Play button in Origin, settings -> game properties-> untick "Enable Origin Overlay"

Message 9 of 28 (2,363 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks! I'll try this one when I get home tonight.

Message 10 of 28 (2,348 Views)