Re: Titanfall 2, PC - Crashes on Death (SP)

by Nilfiskenn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2, PC - Crashes on Death (SP)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello,

I purchased TF2 based on the fantastic reviews it has received and I have enjoyed the campaign no end, however, the past week I have started experiencing an issue where when I die - the game will crash to desktop.

This has now progressed into the game not actually loading the level I'm on. I have performed a repair of the game through Origin but it's not actually fixing the issue.

This is what is appearing in my 'Event Viewer' in windows. Not sure if there is a game log, but this looks to me like a DX11 issue?

Error Entry

Faulting application name: Titanfall2.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5834b6c1
Faulting module name: materialsystem_dx11.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5834b737
Exception code: 0xc0000094
Fault offset: 0x0000000000011eac
Faulting process ID: 0x3ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d252d7b46e9d8d
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall2\Titanfall2.exe
Faulting module path: d:\program files (x86)\origin games\titanfall2\bin\x64_retail\materialsystem_dx11.dll
Report ID: 362ed267-e129-40e2-9853-c4feecfdc2e3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

and

Info Entry

Fault bucket 120631242344, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Titanfall2.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 5834b6c1
P4: materialsystem_dx11.dll
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 5834b737
P7: c0000094
P8: 0000000000011eac
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD274.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Titanfall2.exe_9b2054c41e3b139a91f3e5dc52edfec2b397830_ff01f88a_1bc0dcd4

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report ID: 362ed267-e129-40e2-9853-c4feecfdc2e3
Report Status: 1
Hashed bucket: cc9bef2b2fdd81a4088e93ac3c5f2683

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Nik

Message 1 of 10 (2,979 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello again,

Sorry for the silence, was out of the country on work.

So - in short, none of the fixes here worked. However, after another driver update from NVIDIA when turning my system on this morning, I can confirm (after only a quick test) that the level that wasn't loading will now load.

I haven't got enough time to test the death-crash but will reply again to double-confirm it was the drivers should everything be working post death.

Driver Version 376.33 released on the 14th December 2016.

Cheers

Nik

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (3,084 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @evil_noodles

You  need to perform a Clean Boot  https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Then right click on the game ,choose "game properties" then tick the box that says "disable origin in game for ..."

After that again right click on game icon select Repair .

NOTE if your issue persist Run System File Checker http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 10 (2,856 Views)

Community Manager

@evil_noodles Thanks for the detailed post. The error suggests that there could be an issue with your Direct X install. It may be misleading, but this would be the best place to check first. 

Can you try running the DXSETUP file located at D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall2\__Installer\directx\redist and see if this has any effect on the issue for you?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 10 (2,884 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, and I assure you DirectX is installed on my machine just like OPs.  This will NOT resolve the issue.

See : https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/6527/game-crashes-after-dying-in-story-mode

... among MANY other posts about the same thing.

Yes, my drivers are up to date.

Yes, my computer meets minimum system specs.

Yes, I've fiddled with every setting in and out of game to resolve this.

Yes, Windows is up to date.

Yes, I've restarted my computer.

Yes, I've contacted EA and spoken to [OUTSOURCED TECHNICIAN #1232835098236512907] about the problem.  He wasn't helpful either.

How about some legitimate, real help from EA on this one?

Message 4 of 10 (2,865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello again,

Sorry for the silence, was out of the country on work.

So - in short, none of the fixes here worked. However, after another driver update from NVIDIA when turning my system on this morning, I can confirm (after only a quick test) that the level that wasn't loading will now load.

I haven't got enough time to test the death-crash but will reply again to double-confirm it was the drivers should everything be working post death.

Driver Version 376.33 released on the 14th December 2016.

Cheers

Nik

Message 5 of 10 (3,085 Views)

★ Apprentice

Confirmed that the drivers were causing the issue, the game works as intended again.

Message 6 of 10 (2,820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same issue had just started for me. Had to redownload the game after I got a new harddrive and then the terrors began. 
After spending more hours on google and on forums to find a fix than anything else I found out that almost everyone with the problem has SLI. 
I tried disabling it and it works fine... or at least better. 

So get latest GPU driver, start as admin, repair the game, turn of SLI and please report back if this helped for you :-)

Message 7 of 10 (2,157 Views)

★★ Novice

I have ´been getting the same problem recently, but found the fix.

If anyone is still interested then here it is:

In your invidia controlpanel, find your game in the administrade 3D options -> Program settings. Then put everything off global settings to the NVIDIA (or whatever program you're using if AMD) standard setting.

If you are using SLI you need it to be set to 1 single GPU in Titanfall 2

Hope it works for you =)

Message 8 of 10 (2,149 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the extra info/workarounds.

Can I check where you were looking for such info? You mention a "lack of EA presence" and feedback on places where we can address support holes will be useful. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 10 (2,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

After looking for a while on EA's forum for a solution there were a small presence from EA. Can't remember the posts. 

But after spending so many hours looking through posts on other forums, I saw that no one had come up with a real fix yet.

- So I don't know if you should broadcast it out to people? Just an idea as A LOT of people are having this issue.

Kind regards =)

Message 10 of 10 (2,093 Views)