Re: Titanfall 2 PC - Connection To Server Timed Out

by dudusauce

Original Post

Titanfall 2 PC - Connection To Server Timed Out

★ Apprentice

I keep getting connection to server timed out after trying to join any game on any server. I have forwarded ports as per the trouble shooting guide.

Please help.

i7 3770

AMD R9 280x - Saphire (latest drivers)

16GB RAM

512 GB SSD 850 PRO SAMSUNG 

Windows 10 Pro

Using ethernet

Message 1 of 23 (3,999 Views)

★ Novice

As far as i know this issue has been around for a while, around 6PM-12AM GMT the servers just go splat and stop letting you load into games. I contacted EA about the issue yesterday and it still does it for me as well, just now tried to get into a game and timed out. here's hoping they fix their stuff so the paying customers can play eh.

Message 2 of 23 (3,963 Views)

Community Manager

@dudusauce  Thanks for the post. Have you ever been able to play on this system? Can you make changes to your loadout and/or launch a private game?

@Tommi2k13If it's failing at certain times of day this usually indicates a network issue. It's common enough for folks to experience degradation when network traffic increases as folks get home from work. 

I usually play between 6pm- midnight GMT and I very rarely have any issues, can you try disconnecting any other devices on your network other than your system as a test the next time you see this?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 23 (3,937 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've not had this issue at all until a few weeks into the latest patch. Played over 900+ hours on this system without any issues until now.

Did everything in trouble shooting section to no avail.

I'm very rarely able to load up into a game with 300 to 600+ ping and it disconnects after a few minutes.

This is the only game with which i'm facing this issue. Overwatch runs perfect. 

Will try launching private game and let you know.

Message 4 of 23 (3,929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

unable to start private match even. Completely fed up. When is the next patch due?

Screenshot of me trying to join a game normally (not private). There is intermittent animation in between while waiting.

Message 5 of 23 (3,911 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

The next patch is due on May 30th, we'll see a new Titan and some other fixes. 

However I'm not sure of anything regarding networking changes. You may want to leave this for now but if you want to keep trying, can you try changing datacenter, even ones that are quite far away? I'd also be curious if trying at different times of day (for example before work if you're on a 9-5 schedule) and see if this makes any difference. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 23 (3,900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello David, 

Furthest data center still has the same issues. Loads forever. Stuck at loading with nothing happening for a long time until it says server time out.

Thanks for the follow up. Looking forward to the patch - hope it fixes things.

Message 7 of 23 (3,895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Spoke too soon , this issue is still there.

I fixed this issue TEMPORARILY. by dropping all graphics settings to the lowest, and it started working like normal again. 

Back to square one. Issue still persists. Stuck at map loading when joining multiplayer match forever - until it eventually either times out or goes back to menu screen.

Background animation frozen at menu screen.

Message 8 of 23 (3,869 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello David, 

The issue still persists, where can I send system logs to diagnose this issue?

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Message 9 of 23 (3,843 Views)

★ Apprentice

Issue still persists after latest DLC.

Seems like there could be some conflict with my couter ASUS RT-AC68U . When I try to connect on Wifi network through my mobile hotspot for testing, it works fine.

I'm able to play a few matches, versus nothing.

Is anyone from EA tech help reading this?

Message 10 of 23 (3,831 Views)