Titanfall 2 - Connection To Server Timed Out

by BigChands

Original Post

Re: Titanfall 2 - Connection To Server Timed Out

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_David wrote:

@BigChands What do you mean by not having control over network settings? If you're on a managed network like a college network, you can try reaching out to your admin. 

From the description it sounds like the issue is with the network, there tends to be more stress on it in the evenings as more people are playing. If you share your network with folks locally, can you try disconnecting everyone else as a test, and try again with just your system online?

It might help to swap to a different data centre as a test, but I suspect the issue is more local for you. 

@Hi @EA_David 

There are multiple players across PC, XB1 and PS4 who like myself are experiencing this connection to server time out. To be clear the game does work fine until around 4pm GMT where it will not play another multiplayer game again until after midnight every single day without fail and this has been the same since the game was released!

When the game decides not to work, it will find a session and start the server from the main lobby, even displays the map loading screen however either just before the jumping to location screen it results in a black screen with low ambient noises or during the actual jumping to location screen it will kick us out with the connection to server has timed out error. Please note, this is the only game personally for me that has this issue and it can be replicated 100% of the time.

Considering this and also the volume of players experiencing this exact same issue at the same point in the game to me suggests an issue with the game servers rather than our own hardware or internet connection.  Again during this time if I was to play BF1 or any other game there are no connectivity issues of this nature.

To emphasise this point, I have also port forwarded the ports Titanfall plays on along with those the XB1 uses resulting in no change (I really shouldn't have needed to do that anyway considering the XB1 static IP is DMZ enabled on the router) I'm also fortunate to have two separate ISP connections coming into the same home and have tested this on both connections and again the exact same error occurs. I have also attempted the change of data center you refer to in game which has had no change.

I've played Titanfall consistently and enjoyed every second of it, but this experience since it's release with Titanfall 2 and due to the fact I can not play the game with friends plus it appears to have little to nothing officially being done about this via EA / Respawn has left me with no other option but to raise an official complaint to you and request a full refund as paying for a game I can't play is a total waste of money which can be put to a game that doesn't have these fundamental flaws.

Encase you or others visiting here are not aware there is another "official" Titanfall 2 forum where it may provide a clearer picture to this issue which can be visited here - https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/5547/error-connection-to-server-timed-out/p1 

Can you David or someone else with the official capacity address my complaint regarding this and if it helps I am willing to provide real time evidence of this happening should it be deemed helpful to resolve not only mine but many other unhappy Titanfall 2 players.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

John 

Message 11 of 40 (8,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is very poor! Your servers are a waste of time! I have no issues with any other online game! I have blank screen and messages saying server timed out all the bloody time! I want a refund as this is not what I paid for!
Message 12 of 40 (8,277 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA stop talking at this point in every thread... like if they ignore our problems we'll go away...

They don't care, and don't seem bothered that they're letting customers down - this wont get fixed

Message 13 of 40 (8,268 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @i5hoecl5x2bg @Shiny_Daemons 

We are always doing our best to help players out. But you are posting in the thread, marked as solved, and the issue, discussed in this thread, was solved for some of the users. If the accepted solution did not resolved your issue, you should create a new thread with the description of your issue and platform, and we, together with other users, will try to resolve this for you as well.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 14 of 40 (8,251 Views)

★★★ Newbie

at now i have the same problem but in other side i can connect to game in maybe 1 or 2 map rest of the map show me this massage

Message 15 of 40 (8,211 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I got Titanfall 2 for Christmas and it is an awesome game, but when a launch a multiplayer game, it shows the map I am going to play on but then the screen freezes and 30 seconds later I get kicked and a message comes up saying, "ERROR, connection has timed out" or "ERROR connection to server has timed out". Please fix this as soon as possible!

Message 16 of 40 (8,109 Views)

★★ Novice

HI There.I'm having the exact same problem, and it is not about my internet connection. It;s about you and your servers.

I'm on PC and I have a internet service with a 31ms pin rate 90 Mbps download and 12Mbps download ( more than good for any multiplayer game ) so are you goin to keep telling us that it's about our internet service?.

I contacted you about this, and you made me reset my DNS but that didn't work. so what next? are you going to ignore it?.

Message 17 of 40 (7,862 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I been playing titanfall 2 for awhile now and almost of the time I get the connection error at no matter what time of day when I join a match it gives me a jumping to location thing and than it says connection to sever timed out.Does any one have a possible solution for me?BTW I am using a latop

Message 18 of 40 (7,737 Views)

Community Manager

@MagicTurtle50 Can you try making sure that there are no other users on your network, when you see the issue manifest? You may also wish to take note of when the issue manifests, in case there's a regular cadence. For example it's relatively common for connection quality to decrease at around 7pm local time, when folks get home from work and log on. 

@Unitedwg7 Generally once you're past a modest minimum for upload/download speed then more bandwidth won't be a factor, unless you're trying to do multiple things with the connection. A stable and reliable connection, and that the network is configured properly is far more important.

As for your issue, the evidence i have suggests that this is a local or network issue. I'm not saying that server problems don't occur, but that they're generally widespread and dramatic. Were you able to play the game at any point? If you were able to play before, were there any notable network changes? Would you happen to have access to another network/someone else's install of the game, to see if you can connect on your account there? 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 19 of 40 (7,719 Views)

★★ Novice
No worries, I'm able to play the game now. The problem was fixed ones I bought a GPU ( graphics card ) it seems to be, that like I was playing with the intel graphics, the CPU was to stressed that I couldn't keep up and probably that's why I was not connecting.

As soon as I bought and installed the GPU, the connection and ping started to work properly, no more errors or high ping.

There seems to be a problem if you stress the CPU too much wile playing.

There is no problem with my internet connection cause the problem was just with TF 2.
And I think that if my connection is the problem, that would affect all my multiplayer games, also I've send you the test that I made, to show you that I don't have any lost packages or high ping with my internet service.

I hope that info may help you with something,
The problem was that I didn't have any GPU or at least not good graphics component ando was stressing the CPU too much, that It couldn't keep up.
Message 20 of 40 (7,712 Views)