Titanfall 2 - Connection To Server Timed Out

by BigChands

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2 - Connection To Server Timed Out

★★★★ Novice

When I attempt to connect to any server in Titanfall 2's multiplayer mode. The loading screen happens, then the screen goes black, I hear some sounds from the ambience noise of the map and then I get kicked to the main menu with the error of "Connection To Server Timed Out"

This doesn't happen usually in the mornings but anytime in the evening I simply cannot connect to any server.

I have tried to turn off any network adapters except the one I'm using.

I do not have control over network settings, I have not encountered a problem like this in any other game.

I have searched for a solution, there is nothing, there have been many reports of this. I need pointers if possible.

Message 1 of 40 (62,318 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall 2 - Connection To Server Timed Out

★★★★★ Newbie

I had this same exact problem... Matches would lag, skip, hiccup, glitch for anytime from 1 second every minute to 5 seconds 4 times a minute...

I believe this was due to changing the video setting from Recommended. I disabled V-Sync which took my FPS from 60 to 144. I thought this was a sign of productivity..

However... I read old Titanfall forums and found something. One post said to CHANGE IT TO RECOMMENDED SETTINGS. So I did this (which enabled V-Sync again and took my FPS to a constant 60)

Also, I changed the Network I was in from ADVOCATE (ADV) to REDDIT (RDDT).... This helps already because every minute I get invites from other people who want me to join their game, which is nice.

So I'm not sure why this works other than it forcing a constant 60FPS ... sure it's not super smooth but at least it doesn't crash every minute.

I have a MSI motherboard with Intel i5 6402P and Radeon RX 480 4GB with 8GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB Hard Disk Drive with a 32" BenQ Monitor

Please try this and let me know if it helps!! Thanks!

View in thread

Message 5 of 40 (69,462 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@BigChands What do you mean by not having control over network settings? If you're on a managed network like a college network, you can try reaching out to your admin. 

From the description it sounds like the issue is with the network, there tends to be more stress on it in the evenings as more people are playing. If you share your network with folks locally, can you try disconnecting everyone else as a test, and try again with just your system online?

It might help to swap to a different data centre as a test, but I suspect the issue is more local for you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 40 (62,027 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks for the reply. I've deducted that it should be an issue my end but I really can't tell due to the fact I've never had a hiccup with any other online multiplayer game, every day I attempt to play. I can play two whole games without hiccups before it will not let me join another server for the rest of the day. I'll try contacting an admin about it but I just don't see why there's a problem with specifically this game, but I appreciate the advice anyway.
Message 3 of 40 (62,020 Views)

★ Apprentice
Don't listen to them. They will always try to blame you for their failure.

It is not only you facing this issue. Me too yesterday was able to play the game with no issues and I haven't been able to join a single match in the last 6 hours. My internet is perfectly fine and couldn't get any better.

LITERALLLY ALL other games are working fine with not a single issue but Titanfall 2.
Message 4 of 40 (62,012 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had this same exact problem... Matches would lag, skip, hiccup, glitch for anytime from 1 second every minute to 5 seconds 4 times a minute...

I believe this was due to changing the video setting from Recommended. I disabled V-Sync which took my FPS from 60 to 144. I thought this was a sign of productivity..

However... I read old Titanfall forums and found something. One post said to CHANGE IT TO RECOMMENDED SETTINGS. So I did this (which enabled V-Sync again and took my FPS to a constant 60)

Also, I changed the Network I was in from ADVOCATE (ADV) to REDDIT (RDDT).... This helps already because every minute I get invites from other people who want me to join their game, which is nice.

So I'm not sure why this works other than it forcing a constant 60FPS ... sure it's not super smooth but at least it doesn't crash every minute.

I have a MSI motherboard with Intel i5 6402P and Radeon RX 480 4GB with 8GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB Hard Disk Drive with a 32" BenQ Monitor

Please try this and let me know if it helps!! Thanks!

Message 5 of 40 (69,463 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have the same problem just that it does this evrey time haven't been able to play Titan fall 2 multiplayer since I bought it
Message 6 of 40 (61,868 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Downloaded this game to a ps4 pro from the ps store. Kicks me out nearly every game
Message 7 of 40 (61,846 Views)

★★★★ Novice

One of the EA staff might be on to tell you that Fix X Y or Z works for everyone because they're ignoring the people it doesn't work for... after that you'll never hear anything from EA or Respawn

Message 8 of 40 (61,838 Views)

★★★★ Novice

very true

too true

Message 9 of 40 (61,816 Views)

★ Apprentice
I have added a second connection to my home from a different ISP. Titanfall 2 worked for a few matches and it's now showing the same issues again.

It can't be possibly an issue on my side now. I am sick of EA titles and I seriously doubt I will pre-order any of their games in future. Let them get the Ubisoft treatment.
Message 10 of 40 (61,813 Views)