This game is pay to win? What card game isn't?

by CorvidLove

Original Post

This game is pay to win? What card game isn't?

★★★★ Novice

Allow me to introduce myself. I am a medical doctor. I only get a chance to play a little in the late evenings and a little very early in the morning before sunrise on weekends (because my children fill my weekends sunup-sundown and afternoons-early evenings M-F, because they are my world. Have you noticed, it's after 8 pm that I'm writing this?).  

Anyway, What is going on with PvZH since the Galactic Garden update? Before the update, if you failed the daily event, you could watch an ad to replay. You could do this up to 3 times before it put you on a one hour timer to be able to try again. It went like this forever. You eventually figure the puzzle out, or kick the butt of the AI hero. But now, since GG, when you tap the watch ad to try again bubble, it just quick reloads PvZH and when you go into the daily event screen, the timer below play is bold, letting you know that no matter how many times you press the bubble, you have to wait. Because of this new aspect, I missed out on yesterday's puzzle. I most likely won't win today's event either, because I already got my butt handed to me by the AI again and again, and am on 2 hours timeout while I am writing this. Should I even try to play tomorrow? 

Why keep the watch ad to try again bubble by the play button, when you took away the ability to watch an ad to replay the daily event?

Before anyone comes out and accuses me of having an outdated device, know that I do not. I have to keep my device up to date, even if it means buying a new one every month, or every two weeks. 

There should be no reason for you guys to keep the try again bubble next to the play button, just for people to tap it and find PvZH reloading for up to 30s. 

Oh and playing Ads for gems works fine. The ads play without any problems. 

Please, please bring back the watch ad to try again? Why not make it two ads if you guys thought too many people were getting another chance too easily by watching only one ad, make it two. Please either do away with the bubble or bring back the Ad to try again on the daily event? But please, please don't make people think they're going to watch an ad and retry immediately only to have the game reload. People might decide to quit playing, because it truly brings to mind that the game doesn't work correctly. 

Thank you for listening.

Message 1 of 2 (299 Views)

Re: This game is pay to win? What card game isn't?

Champion (Retired)

Only thing I can say @CorvidLove based on my experience is that it may be a connectivity issue.  May be other reasons, but that's what I've run into a couple of times.  Restarting the game and making sure I was on cellular data.  Hope this helps.

BPRD

Message 2 of 2 (275 Views)