This Account does not meet minimum requirements.

by CDylanJ

Original Post

This Account does not meet minimum requirements.

★★ Novice

I am a parent. I have created a sub account for PS4. the sub account has a PS+ account. I created a EA Origins account in my sons name and email. There are no restrictions on his PSN account. We cannot connect online for Battlefield 1. "This account does not meet minimum requirements. See http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/not-able-to-connect-to-online-play for additional information" is of no help.

Furthermore when I am on his origins account and trying to verify it is not sending an email or code to his email account that is connect to the EA origins account.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 11 (4,709 Views)

Re: This Account does not meet minimum requirements.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I have no comment to offer about what Origin does or doesn't do with verifications.

Regarding the subject in the message ID line:  There is a minimum age requirement, based on such things as belligerence, blood, guts, profanity, etc.  How old is your child? 

Message 2 of 11 (4,694 Views)

★★ Novice

His account is fully unlocked, and has my birthday associated with his origins account so it should not be an issue related to age. In the Battlefield menu, under Store, it appears there is no valid account. How do I sign in to the Origins account on the PS4, maybe that is it?

Message 3 of 11 (4,689 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Worst experience ever with EA/Origins. Unable to connect with PSPlus Sub Account. Horrific technical Services.

Message 4 of 11 (4,663 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CDylanJ wrote:

I am a parent. I have created a sub account for PS4. the sub account has a PS+ account. I created a EA Origins account in my sons name and email. There are no restrictions on his PSN account. We cannot connect online for Battlefield 1. "This account does not meet minimum requirements. See http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/not-able-to-connect-to-online-play for additional information" is of no help.

Furthermore when I am on his origins account and trying to verify it is not sending an email or code to his email account that is connect to the EA origins account.

Any suggestions?

@CDylanJ I had this issue on my daughter's account when she wanted to play Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare online on PS4. I had her PSN account completely unrestricted like you did, however at the time she was under 13 and her birthday was on her linked Origin account and that was the cause of her being unable to play online due to EA's age restrictions.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 5 of 11 (4,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ragnarok013 Thank you for the input. It is definitely a similar situation and I appreciate the response. Howerver when I created my sons EA/Origins account I put in my birthday so as to avoid any age issues. Basically EA claims it is a Sony issue and Sony claims it is an EA issue. Additionally when I ask about linking account no customer service person can help me on the specific steps, they just point to an online article that indicates it will happen automatically. The two entities clearly have a shared connection with information, data, etc. and yet when working to solve a consumer issue they essentially say, not our side and we don't talk with EA or we don't talk to Sony. So it definitely leaves me in a place of having games and a services that are useless and no knowledgeable person from either side willing or able to assist.

Message 6 of 11 (4,650 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Might actually be a user profile issue on the PS4, delete the local data of BF1 including the cache. Then redownload the game and see if that applies a fix. When you download a game it sets the user to the main account on the system and when you give permission to another user on the same system, the account can't verify when it's connected to your account.

Message 7 of 11 (4,635 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I have had the same problem on the Nintendo Switch for my son. I removed the EA link from his Nintendo account and the reopened the game, because of his age, it asks a parent to accept the terms and conditions. After about five times of trying, I viewed what information was being shared and there is an optional tick box for date of birth. I unticked this and it then let me log in to my ea subaccount as normal. 

I don't know if same for PS4, but I have been going round in circles since he bought the game - and very little info for the Switch available so hopefully this may help someone!!

Message 8 of 11 (3,598 Views)

Hero

@SC240770 Battlefield 1 is not released on the Nintendo Switch so I think you are in the wrong section of the forum.

carbonic signature

Message 9 of 11 (3,590 Views)

★ Novice
Hi, my answer is less game or platform specific but more about that if you have a child join an online game you are responsible for accepting the terms and conditions. If you don’t review the information and untick the optional date of birth box it will not let you log in and come up with this erro- it is more a reflection on EA as a whole
Message 10 of 11 (3,560 Views)