The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Download Issue

by WhoviSherNinTaku

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Download Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had pre-ordered The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs yesterday 8/22/2017 and as well as the fitness stuff pack. When I went to download the packs Fitness downloaded with no problems but Cats and Dogs would only say you own this pack and unlocked it would not show the download button. I pressed Repair Game and after a couple of files would be checked it would allow me to add to queue but then would say there was a problem check your internet or try again later, I shut down the computer let it rest for 10 minutes then tried again with the exact same process repair game and all and got the same results. I shut the computer down for the night and came back to it this morning 8/23/2017 did the same exact thing with the same exact results. I even uninstalled the game. When I clicked reinstall it asked to install all the packs but Cats and Dogs did not show up on the list. it is currently reinstalling but Cats & Dogs still only says, after I clicked add to queue, We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later.

NONE of the other packs have this message pop up just Cats and Dogs.

What should I do?

Message 1 of 233 (24,739 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Download Issue

That could be because Cats and Dogs isn't released yet. For that to download and install you'll have to wait until the 10th of November 2017.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 233 (44,646 Views)

All Replies

That could be because Cats and Dogs isn't released yet. For that to download and install you'll have to wait until the 10th of November 2017.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 233 (44,647 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I thought it had something to do with the fact that the game doesn't release until November but, why would they allow you to pre-order the game if you still have to wait? If you still have to wait isn't that just pre registering? What's the difference between pre ORDERING and pre REGISTERING then? I'm a little bit confused.

But thank you for your response.

Message 3 of 233 (24,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Also when I open up the game it says on the little sidebar that I own Cats & Dogs but when I click it it doesn't say what is in the pack nor does the world that comes with the pack show up greyed out or with a lock icon next to it.

Message 4 of 233 (24,636 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you want to know more about the expansion open Origin and look for the links there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 233 (24,628 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've looked at Origin for more information but it's not being very helpful. I think I'll just wait a little while before trying again. The game releases in like 2 months so I should be patient.

Thank You all!!

Message 6 of 233 (24,622 Views)

On your screenshot there is an available on date, and on Origin an release date.

origin.png

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 233 (24,619 Views)

★ Novice

hey  I still cant download or  install the sims 4 cats and  dogs game  and it say release day is the 9 th  November   and  available 11 th November  so when wil I be able to download and  play it

Message 8 of 233 (24,143 Views)

★ Novice

ive pre order the sims 4 cats and dog pack months ago and once it was realised ive tryied to download it but comes up saying dowload failing and ive tried everything ive unistailed orgins and the sims 4 game and it still not working what do i do to get the sims 4 cats and dog pack to download for my sims 4

Message 9 of 233 (23,989 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

As it says release date is November 10 (not Oktober) it is no wonder that you can't download it now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 233 (23,973 Views)