The Most Glaring Problem Regarding Origin and Laptops

by Romben_Norte

Original Post

The Most Glaring Problem Regarding Origin and Laptops

★★★ Newbie

Greetings,

Due to the recent sales, a few days ago I decided to buy Titanfall 2. However, I saw myself forced to refund it due to a conflict between Origin and laptops. Specifically, and after conducting a bit of research on the matter, I discovered that Origin forces its games to run on the integrated GPU, without providing any choice on the matter. You can look for this via Google or check your config regarding Origin in NVIDIA control panel if you possess a laptop with both an integrated and a dedicated GPU. Of course, this does not occur with other platforms such as Steam or Uplay.

As a consequence, that resulted in Titanfall 2 running in 10 FPS (completely unplayable as you can see) . I can confirm that this is not exclusive to Titanfall 2, as it also occurs with Battlefield 3 (which I refused to play a few years ago after assuming that the problem was related to the game itself). Also, I can safely assume that the problem is not connected to my hardware either, as after observing this I decided to CRACK the game (yes, you read that correctly), allowing me to play the game in a solid framerate of 60 FPS (props to Respawn for developing a great game).

I would like to ask then if there is any plan to fix this glaring issue. I was also planning to buy Battlefield 1 but after this I doubt I will be able to buy any other game on this platform.

Message 1 of 1 (232 Views)