That old (unsolved) offline-click to connect issue...

by Junk_Punts

Original Post

That old (unsolved) offline-click to connect issue...

★★★★★ Apprentice

HA where to begin...

I have had this issue intermittently since release but it wasnt a game killer.. I just went off to play other games. Now a few friends have it and we all want to play, and all  I am getting (99 out of 100 times) is that old "offline- click to connect" issue, and a massive FPS Drop (like from 200 to 1).

I have tried

-repairing

-uninstall/reinstall

-clean install of windows

-different computers

-different location (network)

-new admin account

-open firewall and router ports

-disabling the ea overlay in game

-ensuring latest MoBo, GPU and Network drivers

-removing OC'ing of CPU

-lowest graphical settings  (is a challenge to navigate to, because when the connection fails i get 1 fps)

-admin compatibility

...and as a last resort contacting EA's "help"  (which is a whole different issue - and if you get a guy named Shanky T disco ASAP - he/she does not listen and is completely useless).

I have now a "closed" support case but the thing still dosent work.

The kicker is I tried on my ROG 750 laptop, (no joy for me...) but when my friend logs in on my laptop and on my network, its clear sailing for him...

Anyone have any other suggestions I have not tried?

Desktop Specs:

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME MoBo

32g G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 Ram

Intel i7- 6700k @4.5Ghz

Nvidia GTX 1080

Win 10 pro

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 10 (720 Views)

Re: That old (unsolved) offline-click to connect issue...

★★★★★ Apprentice

Following up on this -

I had contacted the EA "help" line... they werent a help at all. The second ticket was closed... and at that point I was forced to call them. They had no answers other than what I already tried. They escalated my case and promised an email within 24 hours... well 4 days later the person responding says the has never heard of this happening (I was able to provide her with googled links of this happening since day 1), and that it needs to go to the "team" to be reviewed.

Bright side is that the 10 times I attempted to play during this time, i was successful about 4 or 5 of them. Which is a better ratio than in the past. Today I am 0 for 10...

Completely pathetic that this is an issue so long after release.

If I ever get any results or a fix, I will be sure to pass it along here, as I see people still have this issue.

Message 2 of 10 (675 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I was told to open ports... which was something I already did. Its becoming clear that the techs dont really know whats going on either... *sigh*

Message 3 of 10 (636 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Junk_Punts 

I am really sorry for those troubles with Star Wars: Battlefront. I can see you`ve already been through a lot of troubleshooting, sadly, to no avail. Can you try to load your system with Clean Boot and test the game? Trying to run the game, using alternative Internet connection (maybe a mobile one) can also give us additional insight on the nature of this issues. Keep us posted. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 10 (630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I tried that as soon as I got home today - hoping (against hope it seems) but no joy... Its getting to be laughable. I think I have spend 40 total hours in game, and maybe 99% of that has been trying to get it to actually work.

The CS Rep (Herrick E) that is emailing me keeps insisting  that its my ISP (Comcast) but  he seems to ignore the fact that other people can use my computers (both laptop and desktop) and connect with no issues, using their accounts.  So I am unsure how my ISP is blocking just me, when other people can use it just fine in the same location...but whatev.

He is also basically ignoring 90% of what I am saying, and just says "I am happy to help but further complaints will hinder the investigation"  HUH!??!?!!?  What investigation? Seems to me he is passing the buck to someplace else.. which is a bit infuriating.

Message 5 of 10 (618 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Ok so 3 hours on the phone later - with comcast....They are 100% sure it is EA not me...  Even after trying  a DMZ setup for the router, it still failed to connect. If everything else works, and this is the ONE game I have that refuses to work, its starting to look like Herrick is just tossing me the company line of passing the buck...

Sooo now what?

Message 6 of 10 (608 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Im at the point of massive frustration - and Ill explain why...

Maybe Im missing something but I though that I explained it to the "tech" clearly.

The game will run at 200 fps in the loading screen, when it gets to the main menu, if its not connected instantly, it drops to 1, becomes a slide show, and will NEVER connect... backing out and trying over and over does not work, none of the "help" that is on the troubleshooting page works. It runs fine when not connected... (playing as Vader is boring...)  People can use my connection and equipment with no issues, but I cant- that point has been lost in this whole thing and Herrick hasnt been able to understand that.

All other EA online games and services work, all my Steam games work, all my other online games work... its this  ONE

Sounds a bit fishy to me....

Most importantly and this is lost - if BF1, BF4 use the SAME PORTS, and I have no issues with them online,  how can it be my connection  (especially, as stated) others can use my connection and equipment and not have issues...

No one has been able to answer that - or at least even acknowledge that fact.

Best is that im being told its my router/modem - when ive also explained that my router is disconnected (like not attached) and Ive tried 2 modems, with and without firewalls, and a DMZ....

Message 7 of 10 (598 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just an update to this horrific disaster...

That last tech asked for a number of things from me to "pass along to the team" and after a lengthy and aggravated phone call to India, I come to find out that  HE NEVER SENT THEM!!!

So if you get this herrick character, just ask for someone else.

I needed a new modem/router as my stopgap solution wasnt working, and even my new one will not let me online... after spending an hour checking and double checking ports.

Completely infuriating...

Message 8 of 10 (587 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Junk_Punts 

I am so sorry for all those troubles. I guess, you have not tried to connect, using alternative Internet connection? And those others people, who are able to connect, using your router, are they able to connect in Star Wars: Battlefront? 

Archi.png
Message 9 of 10 (583 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can get on at work no problem - they have the same ISP as I do, and yes they can get into BF on their accounts on my laptop and desktop from my house... and I have just bought a new modem/router and it as much as I have been told it was my issue, that solved nothing (even after opening all those ports).

Message 10 of 10 (574 Views)