Original Post

Accepted Solution

State Changes not changing, object tags not being recognised

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In live mode, in the xmls
What happens when the bug occurs? All states take forever to change from gardening watering taking about 2 mins real time to realise they are watered to the date in a restaurant never actually firing the situation goals and only applying the on a date buff after about 5 mins, on the modding side I've noticed object tags no longer work, for example I had a working spell for my mod and after the patch it no longer works (the interaction doesn't show up on the plants). Also important to note I tried it with the game free of mods, fresh install, game repair but nothing works to repair the issue. This all happened post patch.
What do you expect to see? States change take forever on everything (buffs included) to object tags for target_super_affordances not working.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Official Game Patch PC Version 1.33.38.1020

Hiya I've tried everything to fix this bug but I believe its all to do with tags not being recognised until later or not at all.

Message 1 of 7 (589 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] State Changes not changing, object tags not being recognised

Anonymous
Hiya it's all working correctly now so I can't replicate the error anymore either lol, seems the patches caused and fixed it. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (400 Views)

All Replies

Anonymous

I think I managed to solve the issue by doing a clean install of the base game (again) and then adding the expansion/stuff packs on later, requires more testing but plants seem to be fixed now Standard smile I might note that I had the this game is being downloaded error which I managed to sole by running the installer cleanup. 

Message 2 of 7 (533 Views)

Anonymous

Unfortunately object tags still do work or the target super affordances functions Frown this, again, happened after the last patch object tags were working fine before :P

Message 3 of 7 (482 Views)

Hero

Bumping as I haven't had time for testing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (443 Views)

Anonymous

It seems object tags are working again, at least for some objects.

Message 5 of 7 (422 Views)

Hero

Hi @Anonymous

I either don't understand what you're saying or can't replicate.

Can you post a picture or video of what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (346 Views)

Anonymous
Hiya it's all working correctly now so I can't replicate the error anymore either lol, seems the patches caused and fixed it. Standard smile
Message 7 of 7 (401 Views)