Star Wars Battlefront: Challenge bug

by mettyukoma

Original Post

Re: Star Wars Battlefront: Challenge bug

★★★ Novice

I have this problem on PS4.  To go into a bit more detail, my challenges progress, I can complete them in a game or number of games.  The problem is they never go away or rotate like they used to.  Estimated time of this is about 2 months.  If i complete a challenge it just stays "full" until I leave that lobby (exit to the  main menu), then it will just be empty again and I can redo it.  Only way to get new challenges is to spend credits.  I contacted EQ support, then called me and were perplexed and ended up giving me a link to here.  I also tried uninstalling the game AND the companion app, then reinstalling the game, nothing works.  I'd really like the rotation to come back it adds to the fun.

Message 11 of 24 (917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem on PS4, it also happens with the Daily challenge, i think is related with our EA account or something, because my brother also plays the game, obviously on the same network, and he doesn´t have the problem, come on DICE, fix that bug D'Standard smile

Message 12 of 24 (906 Views)

★★★ Novice

I lost about 20,000 credits trying to find the win 3 infiltration matches, the only challenge I didnt have so throw us some credits too.

Message 13 of 24 (902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same "problem" on the Xbox One. I use quotations there because it isn't exactly a problem. I have to get 5000 points in a match, use 25 cards, and get 8 blaster rifle kills. It happened a couple weeks ago, but my progress was "stuck" at one point. Now, whenever I go back to the lobby, it resets everything to 0/5000, 17/25 (where it was stuck originally), and 0/25. Those are all really easy to complete, and every time I do, I get the experience and credit rewards. I basically play one game of walker assault, complete those challenges, and at the end I'm guaranteed 850 credits and 8500 experience from those rewards alone. I then quit to lobby to reset the challenges, join another game, and boom, 850 credits, 8500 experience. I average 11-13k experience and 1,100-3,000 credits every game now.

It's a little cheap, but I've almost unlocked everything but character costumes and emotes now.

Edit: Pro-tip, recycle them until you get really easy challenges and then just keep racking up the experience and credits. EA will fix this eventually (presumably), but until then, easy money.

Message 14 of 24 (890 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ya that's only fun for awhile, hell I had this for at least one double experience weekend.  Now I just want it to work as intended.  I miss the rotation.  There's a few challenges I never want to do again but I enjoy when one comes up that forces me outside  my comfort zone.  Besides, doing it your way would force me to leave my lobby every 1-2 games, I should'nt have to do that.

EA ANY FIX FOR THIS??  I THINK THE GUY WHO MENTIONED OUR EA ACCOUNTS MIGHT BE ONTO SOMETHING

Message 15 of 24 (879 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have this problem, too. I even went to lengths as to deleting the game, both its offline and online save games before reinstalling, downloading the patch which as for PSN servers took me almost a day to download. I also reset network settings, switched to Ethernet and checked all local network settings and hardware. Only to see that the bug still persists with a clean install and all sorts of troubleshooting.

I have this bug since Scarif's DLC as well and I'm fairly sure that in the game files are some bad code pieces which just won't replace the challenges for a new set of challenges. While it's certainly fun to just pick our most favourite challenges and keep spamming them for experience and gold, it's just not how it's supposed to be and leaving a game just for it to force-reset is lame.

As a side note, I only play Fighter Squadron and I used to love vanilla mode with its missing auto-lock overheating (you get used to it as a veteran, but it's almost impossible now to convince casual player/friends to play with you since they will just get owned, far worse than on the ground. Also, the bonus ship power-ups are too good and still kinda insta-kill you.

Message 16 of 24 (848 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
So wussup has this been answered?..cause I've been having the same issue for months now and it is indeed very Annoying!...at first I had no problem with it next thing you know this* and it persists everything seems futile and yes spent many points on having to change them once completed
Message 17 of 24 (710 Views)

★ Apprentice

Since the beginning of the year I have the same problem on PS4.

Message 18 of 24 (664 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I am having this issue on the PS4. Not sure if anyone at the company is actually trying to solve this problem, but in case there is, I'm pretty sure I know when it started for me.

One of my three challenges was to get 25 melee kills. I know I had only gotten 7 or 8 when I managed to get a melee kill on Princess Leia. That kill actually ended the Hero's vs. Villains match I was playing at the time.

When my list of challenges was displayed, I saw that the melee kills now said 25/25. No bonus was given, and the challenge just stayed there. Also, one of my other challenges was to win 3 Heros vs. Villains matches. It was now at 0, even though I had just won the match, as well as a previews one.

I have had the same challenge bug others are describing ever since. This is clearly a server side issue, since resetting/reinstalling the game doesn't fix the problem. Come on guys. Isn't it time you fixed this?
Message 19 of 24 (579 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This problem actually at this moment...

Message 20 of 24 (465 Views)