Star Wars Battlefront Beta Driver problem Laptop

by larstoriizzy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Driver problem Laptop

★★ Novice

Hey guys,

My problem is this: (look at the picture)

I really tried everything already. I did update my drivers, all of them. i've maid a profile for star wars, so that i should use my nvidia gpu instead of intel HD..

But that didn't work either. i redownloaded the game some times and stuff.. also i get stuck on the 'press to enter ' screen, but the alt-enter doesn't work, and I cannot make it into windowed mode for some reason? I literally did alot of stuff. if anyone know how to fix this problem tell me.. there is one thing i found out on the intel driver update program i downloaded, it says that i have version 15.36.24.64.4264 but when I look at device manager i see that i only have version 10.18.14.4264

My nvidia experience also says i'm on the latest version an when i check deivce maneger i'm on 10.18.13.5850

My computer specs are:

Windows 8.1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

RAM: 16.0GB

64-bits x64

GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M

I hope i get some help soon

Thanks

--

Lars

Message 1 of 11 (609 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Driver problem Laptop PC

Community Manager (retired)

@larstoriizzy @Gorath_the_Elder this is not an Nvidia isolated issue. Might sound like mumbo jumbo but could you please try the following:

ALT + TAB out of the game, open the device manager and go back into your game, check if the mouse cursor and keyboard ENTER is no responsive. 

We are still investigating this issue but is is usually related to laptops with integrated cards and the options are limited. Sometimes even the BIOS forces with not properly supported games to run the Intel HD. I guess you have also checked the global settings as well as the optimization via Nvidia Experience?

Cheers
Basti

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (591 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Ignore anything about the Intel chip.  Here is the link to the Geforce forum:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/555317/where-is-the-quot-use-high-performance-gpu-quot-opti...

Next time you decide to use a laptop for games, buy one with an AMD Radeon, not half of one like that awful Optimus! 

Message 2 of 11 (583 Views)

★★ Novice

i said that changing the intel thing to nvidia doesn't work. i still get the error. and still have the press to enter problem.

Message 3 of 11 (579 Views)

@larstoriizzy @Gorath_the_Elder this is not an Nvidia isolated issue. Might sound like mumbo jumbo but could you please try the following:

ALT + TAB out of the game, open the device manager and go back into your game, check if the mouse cursor and keyboard ENTER is no responsive. 

We are still investigating this issue but is is usually related to laptops with integrated cards and the options are limited. Sometimes even the BIOS forces with not properly supported games to run the Intel HD. I guess you have also checked the global settings as well as the optimization via Nvidia Experience?

Cheers
Basti

Message 4 of 11 (592 Views)

★★ Novice

Cool, when i open device manager pressing enter actually works :o i'm going to try to play the game now. thank you for that tip haha, how could that work Tongue out.. now lets try if we can play it.

Message 5 of 11 (561 Views)

@larstoriizzy that's great, thanks for the confirmation. Please let us know if the issue re-occurs and is not fixable with the workaround mentioned above.

Cheers

Basti

Message 6 of 11 (555 Views)

★★ Novice

When i open device manager i can play the game, i still get the error when i launch it.. but i have to take that i gues, i'm happy i can play it to. even on ultra settings Standard smile

Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 11 (540 Views)

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Driver problem Laptop

★★★ Newbie

I had a similar problem.  I saw there was a new driver on both the Dell support site for my Intel HD 4600 and the NVidia GeForce had an update.  Get the Intel driver ONLY from the Dell site as it is proprietary for our computers with 2 cards.  Then update on the NVidia.  I did this and it works very well now.  Before doing this, SWBF ran like * even on lowest settings because it was trying to run on the Intel instead of the NVidia GPU.  Now it runs some 80-100 fps on high GeForce 970.

Message 8 of 11 (514 Views)

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Driver problem Laptop

@larstoriizzy is it possible to get your DXDIAG as a link for further investigation:

1. Hold down the Windows key and press R on your keyboard.
  2. In the Run box that appears type "dxdiag"without the quotes and press OK.
  3. If you get a box asking to check if your drivers are digitally signed choose Yes.
  4. In the new window that appears, give it a few seconds to complete it's processing then click Save All Information in the bottom right.
  5. Save the text file somewhere easily accessible, I'd recommend your desktop!
  6. Double click the text file to open it, press CTRL - A to select all of the text then CTRL + C to copy.
  7. Go to http://pastebin.com, and use CTRL + V to paste the data into the webpage and click submit 
  8. Copy the link and paste it here

Cheers

Basti

Message 9 of 11 (462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Didnt work for me. The battlefront start screen started flashing though, and still no response

Message 10 of 11 (434 Views)