Spontaneous sluggish aiming moments on PC

by Aeromako

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spontaneous sluggish aiming moments on PC

★ Novice

Since the most recent Monarch Reigns update, I've noticed that when simply aiming or looking around during matches there will be points where it seems like the DPI or sensitivty of the mouse drops for a few seconds before going back to normal. It can be very frustrating in a fast paced gamed like Titanfall 2.

Because of how sporadic this issue is, I have trouble replicating it, but I have noticed that this consistently happens on the regular maps. I do not have this trouble on the Live Fire maps for some reason.

I've heard that this may be due to a memory leak with the game but when having task manager run in the background, I don't notice TF2 rise in it's usage when comparing it before and after an hour of play. It does not seem to be an issue in other FPS games I have played recently either. 

Another thing I heard was that it was related to FPS drops, which I've noticed since buying the game but since it never affected my aiming before, it wasn't a huge deal to me. I did decide to try and cap my FPS from 144 to 60 and that seemed to make the problem go away, however, I've been running it at 144fps since launch so if this is a problem related to frame rate it would be really appreciated if I could find a way to fix this without compromising.

Message 1 of 4 (339 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spontaneous sluggish aiming moments on PC

Community Manager

@Aeromako Thanks for the post. Do you overclock your GPU? If so, perhaps you could try de-clocking and see if that has any effect on the drops?

It's also worth restarting with a Clean Boot to check for any effects from 3rd party software. 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (294 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Aeromako Thanks for the post. Do you overclock your GPU? If so, perhaps you could try de-clocking and see if that has any effect on the drops?

It's also worth restarting with a Clean Boot to check for any effects from 3rd party software. 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (295 Views)

★ Novice

I don't overclock, but after performing a clean boot I was able to play three games of Attrition in a row and there was no sign of the issue. 

Thank  you for the help!

Message 3 of 4 (256 Views)

Community Manager

Wonderful, thanks for the update. You can try gradually turning on the programs you usually use, and hopefully the culprit/conflicting program will be easy to identify. 

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (241 Views)