Re: Sims 4 trial for mac?

by EA_Mage

Original Post

EA DICE Team

@DrSucia

Check the post prior to where I referred to harsh language. An acronym was used, but it still adds a negative and unfriendly tone to the forum, which is something we're trying to avoid.

I do have to add that harsh was maybe a bit of an overstatement.

Message 11 of 81 (8,788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

will you be considering making sims 4 trial version onto mac as well as windows and if you buy the sims4 mac do you also get a code to play on windows ?? @Straatford87

Message 12 of 81 (8,619 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @EWDU142017,

As far as I am aware, there are currently no plans to release the trial or CAS demo for Mac, sorry. Frown

But if you buy the game on Mac, you can automatically play it on Widows as well. Just log into Origin using your account on a Windows PC and you should be able to play after downloading/installing the game (no need for a second code).

Let us know if you have any other questions.
EA_Mage

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 13 of 81 (100,322 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the help @EA_Mage and it is helpful that you can play on both systems when you buy the game. Also when you buy the game can you download to your mac desktop or will it be in a disk or will it be on the origin account in library? @EA_Mage 

Message 14 of 81 (8,589 Views)

EA app Team

Happy to help @EWDU142017. Standard smile

If you purchase the game from Origin, the game is automatically added to your account and you can download it from Origin client on both Mac and Windows. If you purchase the game from another retailer you can buy a disc, but that is only available for PC. In case of a disc you would receive a product code that you would redeem on Origin so you would still have a download option as well.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
EA_Mage

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 15 of 81 (8,568 Views)

★★★ Newbie

apparently saying BS is a bad word, which is so incorrect it's not even funny.

Message 16 of 81 (8,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too i can't do the demo either I've begged my dad and me to go by my grandmas house be cause she has a windows pc! This is stupid!WORST MONTH EVER

Message 17 of 81 (8,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi tom. I downloaded the full game on origin and its still saying I need to be on windows

Message 18 of 81 (7,987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

(for everyone) if u download the sims 4 game /buy it on origin will  u still be able to play it or still is it only available for windows?

Spoiler
Frown

Message 19 of 81 (7,903 Views)

@KatelynnGatt

The Sims 4 was released for macOS in February 2015. We even have a whole forum devoted to it here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 20 of 81 (7,889 Views)