Betreff: Sims 4 crashes after update

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 crashes after update

★ Novice
So, I've been trying for about 2 hours now to fix this. I updated to the recent sims 4 patch and now my game instantly crashes. I can't start a new game or load a previous save.

I was playing for a solid 2 hours beforehand, so I know that my laptop can definitely run the game.

I've tried clearing my origin cache, restarting and simply switching my laptop off. Nothing seems to be working. Any advice?
Message 1 of 5 (317 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods or CC ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (308 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I don't use any mods or CC.

Message 3 of 5 (279 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Your Graphics driver is very old (2015) I would suggest you downloaded the newest from Acer or directly from Intel.

Maybe that will help. However your graphics is below requirements for the Sims 4 so it may not.

You may also find that it helps switching from 64bit to 32bit since you only have 4GB of RAM.

To do this start Origin rightclick The Sims 4 and select Game Properties then click Advanced Launch option and select 32bit instead of 64bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (264 Views)

Hero

@Wolflva

your computer is very borderline but I don't think it should crash at startup.

Try the 32 bit version as suggested above but do you a game as stopped working message or what happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (255 Views)