Re: Sims 4 code is redeemed alrady

by EA_Solaire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 code is redeemed alrady

★★ Novice

I bought sims 4 a long time ago and i have already bought a new pc and i wanted to play it again but the origin account does not have the game anymore and the code is redeemed so i cant play it. is there anything i can do?

Message 1 of 7 (3,423 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey there @mestar1_peruna 

It sounds like you may be logging into a different EA account than the one you originally purchased The Sims on. Go ahead and check your Order History on this account- if you're not seeing any purchase history for The Sims, that means your game is located on a different account. You'll need to login to the account you originally purchased your game on, and you'll see the content in your game library again. 

If you need help locating the other EA account, that's something the live support team can help you with- here on AHQ we don't have access to look into those account details with you. You can reach out to the live support team on the help site here, or you can contact in through Twitter or Facebook as well if you prefer. 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (3,378 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey there @mestar1_peruna 

It sounds like you may be logging into a different EA account than the one you originally purchased The Sims on. Go ahead and check your Order History on this account- if you're not seeing any purchase history for The Sims, that means your game is located on a different account. You'll need to login to the account you originally purchased your game on, and you'll see the content in your game library again. 

If you need help locating the other EA account, that's something the live support team can help you with- here on AHQ we don't have access to look into those account details with you. You can reach out to the live support team on the help site here, or you can contact in through Twitter or Facebook as well if you prefer. 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 7 (3,379 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Solaire i have had only one origin account and it was this one but its completely restarted and my name chanced to the one i have on steam and my sims is gone and i have bought it from an store so i have the cd but dont have an cd player and the code is redeemed so i have to buy the game again if i cant do anything
Message 3 of 7 (3,369 Views)

Community Manager

@mestar1_peruna 

Origin accounts won't reset on their own, and if the name has changed, it does sound like you're on a different account than your original one. I'd recommend you go ahead and reach out to live support about this so they can help you locate what account your game is tied to. 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 7 (3,350 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Solaire ok thank you ill do that
Message 5 of 7 (3,344 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Solaire if i delete the sims 4 from the old account will the code work on my new pc then or is it just a 1 time use code
Message 6 of 7 (3,341 Views)

Community Manager

@mestar1_peruna,

Codes are one-time use only, so you would not be able to redeem the code a second time on a different account.

solaire.png

Message 7 of 7 (3,331 Views)