Sims 4: Community Lots and Houses Missing or Invisible

by Awish1998

Original Post

Re: Sims 4: Community Lots and Houses Missing or Invisible

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having this same problem.  I've just uninstalled and reinstalled and its the same... Any other suggestions?  I've also tried repairing the game.  

Message 11 of 75 (6,418 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Have you fixed this yet? Just updated mine today and I'm having the same prob I don't know what to do Frown
Message 12 of 75 (6,402 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problems with my sims houses or renovations I did disappearing, I have played for awhile with no issue, but after finding the factory reset post, not to mention going ahead and using the origin repair mod it completely fixed my issues!!! thanks so much, p.s completely uninstalling the game and reinstalling it did nothing for this weird bug!

Message 13 of 75 (6,270 Views)

Hero

Did you start a new game after the reset or was it your bugged save that started working again

@TannerLite

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 75 (6,264 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My daughter has this exact same problem.  Houses that use to be there now just show a lot size, 1 bed, 1 toilet and the price.  I tried the reset procedure of copying the Sim4 EA to a backup location, renaming it, and restarting.  Then copied back the saves folder and no change.  Wasn't sure if copying any more folders back would help, so I've stopped for now.  Any suggestions?

Message 15 of 75 (5,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also just tried the "Repair Game" option in the Origin screen and it did nothing either.

Message 16 of 75 (5,615 Views)

Hero

Try moving this file to the desktop and then start the game again: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves\slot_00000001.save

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 75 (5,609 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK, tried moving that file and no effect.  Still have missing houses, hospital etc

Message 18 of 75 (5,604 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi

I found the only way I could resolve this issue on my game...was recreate the residential and community lots in my game. You can do this quickly by using the Gallery. You can also use the FreeBuildCheat in the work place to recreate a hospital. 

I know this is a longer fix. But it is permanent Standard smile

good luck!

I hope this helps. 

Standard smile

Message 19 of 75 (5,596 Views)

Hero

@cait_mitch1 wrote:

OK, tried moving that file and no effect.  Still have missing houses, hospital etc

Did you save the game with the houses missing ? If so, they might be gone permanently

Try @Awish1998 suggestion or a backup..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 75 (5,593 Views)